Strangest Accident - Almost Spooky!!!

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Big Boy

Strangest Accident - Almost Spooky!!!

Post by Big Boy »

I was on my final leg home after a short road trip this morning. I'd stopped overnight at Chumphon. Woke up this morning to horrendous rain, which soon cleared to glorious sunshine. However, there was a lot of surface water.

I followed the directions from Google Maps to get me back to the motorway. About 5 miles from the motorway. an ambulance appeared a long way behind me, lights flashing like a good un. I wasn't driving so fast, but it was only as we got to the traffic lights at the motorway junction that he caught me up, but pulled alongside, waiting at a red light. I'm saying to Mrs BB why doesn't he go - he's obviously in a hurry?

Then we heard it, the most horrendous screeching of HGV brakes. One lorry waiting at the lights, and another desperately trying to stop behind him. Then, as if in slow motion (why do these things always seem to be in slow motion) the lorry crashed into the back of the waiting lorry, mashing up the front of the second lorry. Then the windsceen came flying out, followed by the driver, and what I assume were his wife and small kiddie. Fortunately, they all sort of rebounded back into the cab. They had to have been injured.

The first lorry rolled forward biocking our access to the motorway. The ambulance meanwhile drove up to the second lorry and started to gain access to treat the 3 inside. The first lorry pulled forward to clear the junction. Mrs BB and I would have been the proverbial spare pricks had I got out to try to help - hopefully the ambulance crew were more than capable. I continued my journey.

Of course, what we had just seen had really shaken us both up. I think my drive home was the most careful drive I've ever had. Of course, I was playing what I'd just seen over and over again in my mind. It was as if the ambulance had been speeding to get to the accident about to happen. I see the red and blue lights, and assume there is somebody very sick on board - obviously not. Either that, or they are rushing to get to somebody sick - again, unlikely in this case. Why didn't he cross the junction - there were sufficient gaps, but he just sat there as if waiting. I was really puzzled.

Then a :idea: moment. I remembered a conversation we'd had on here a while back. My son-in-law works for Sawang Rescue. When an emergency call comes in, it is not unusual for several ambulances to rush to the scene. Whoever gets there first takes the lead. Maybe the ambulance was one of several rushing to another incident.

It was very strange to see an ambulance rushing to an accident about to happen. Mind you, I'm glad it did because if I had to help, I'd have been like a chocolate fireguard.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
joelle
Legend
Legend

Re: Strangest Accident - Almost Spooky!!!

Post by joelle »

Some people do have clairvoyance and psychic abilities
☺️🤔😱👽