Driving licence for heavy vehicle

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Driving licence for heavy vehicle

Post by joelle »

Please does anyone know if it is possible to take a driving test to get a licence for a vehicle heavier than 3500kg here in Thailand ?
If so how and where ?
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Driving licence for heavy vehicle

Post by Nereus »

joelle wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:45 am Please does anyone know if it is possible to take a driving test to get a licence for a vehicle heavier than 3500kg here in Thailand ?
If so how and where ?
I never actually tried a stand alone, but as my Australian licence is for heavy goods vehicles, when I first obtained a Thai licence I was told that "aliens" are not permitted!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Nereus wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:06 am
joelle wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:45 am Please does anyone know if it is possible to take a driving test to get a licence for a vehicle heavier than 3500kg here in Thailand ?
If so how and where ?
I never actually tried a stand alone, but as my Australian licence is for heavy goods vehicles, when I first obtained a Thai licence I was told that "aliens" are not permitted!
Oh what a pity, we wanted to get a camper but need to have a licence for a vehicle heavier than 3500kg and we were hoping to get a licence here.
Nevermind, thank you very much for your swift reply
Have a pleasant day
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Well, like everything else, there is probably a way around it. If you are looking to buy an RV van, then it may help if it is through a dealer, then "no licence, no deal" if he cannot help you!
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Nereus wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:20 am Well, like everything else, there is probably a way around it. If you are looking to buy an RV van, then it may help if it is through a dealer, then "no licence, no deal" if he cannot help you!
Sure good one 😉😉
But we are looking to get one in the UK and drive around Europe so we need a proper licence which I was hoping to get here.
Thanks anyway for your input, appreciate 🙂
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

joelle wrote:
If so how and where ?
Oh what a pity, we wanted to get a camper but need to have a licence for a vehicle heavier than 3500kg and we were hoping to get a licence here.
Have a pleasant day
You can get 4 berth campervans in the UK that are not over 3.5 tonnes in weight. Would that not be sufficient?
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

hhinner wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:23 am
joelle wrote:
Have a pleasant day
You can get 4 berth campervans in the UK that are not over 3.5 tonnes in weight. Would that not be sufficient?
Sure, it will have to be sufficient.
We were looking at 6 berth for more space but we are downsizing now and looking at smaller vans within the 3.5 tonnes.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

joelle wrote:
hhinner wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:23 am
joelle wrote: Oh what a pity, we wanted to get a camper but need to have a licence for a vehicle heavier than 3500kg and we were hoping to get a licence here.
Have a pleasant day
We were looking at 6 berth for more space but we are downsizing now and looking at smaller vans within the 3.5 tonnes.
Depending on what the extra space is for, you could possibly additionally rent an awning (for dining, drinking, relaxing) or a trailer (for extra luggage storage). No real solutions for extra sleeping arrangements though.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

hhinner wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:44 am
joelle wrote:
hhinner wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:23 am You can get 4 berth campervans in the UK that are not over 3.5 tonnes in weight. Would that not be sufficient?
Depending on what the extra space is for, you could possibly additionally rent an awning (for dining, drinking, relaxing) or a trailer (for extra luggage storage). No real solutions for extra sleeping arrangements though.
:thumb: yes thanks. We are looking at it in a different way now.
No doubt we'll find a solution :D :)
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

joelle wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:03 pm
hhinner wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:44 am
joelle wrote:
Here you go Joelle. I can probably help you out with the helicopter, but not the price!
The Furrion Elysium: £2 million ($2.5m)
The Furrion Elysium: £2 million ($2.5m)
AA1iZ0MP.jpg (64 KiB) Viewed 1023 times
The Furrion Elysium might be a concept vehicle, but its magnificent design truly redefines the luxury mobile lifestyle. Thanks to its many fixtures, this glamorous RV is worth an incredible £2 million ($2.5m).

For this hefty sum, the plush fly-in home comes with a private rooftop helipad, a helicopter and a hot tub.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/other/mi ... 5#image=34
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Nereus wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:01 pm
joelle wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:03 pm
hhinner wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:44 am Depending on what the extra space is for, you could possibly additionally rent an awning (for dining, drinking, relaxing) or a trailer (for extra luggage storage). No real solutions for extra sleeping arrangements though.
Here you go Joelle. I can probably help you out with the helicopter, but not the price!

AA1iZ0MP.jpg

The Furrion Elysium might be a concept vehicle, but its magnificent design truly redefines the luxury mobile lifestyle. Thanks to its many fixtures, this glamorous RV is worth an incredible £2 million ($2.5m).

For this hefty sum, the plush fly-in home comes with a private rooftop helipad, a helicopter and a hot tub.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/other/mi ... 5#image=34
Woaw that's just great exactly what we're looking for 😉😉