Cleaning blocked outside drain pipes

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Cleaning blocked outside drain pipes

Post by joelle »

Any recommendations on a reliable company that can clean blocked outside/underground drain pipes from house to street and also fix or replace broken parts
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Re: Outside drain pipe

Post by VincentD »

Check the website 'thaidrain' dot com. I cannot remember if it is the same company as I used in Bangkok many years ago but they say they provide nationwide service, with rates starting from 1,500 baht (cannot remember if that was per blockage) but still a better option than breaking up my old drain. I use the thai word 'iron snake' (งูเหล็ก) to search as this is the term for your typical drain snake.
Or, you could go to your local HomePro and buy one to try yourself if blockage is not ingrown tree roots or something nasty.
วินเชนท์
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Cleaning blocked outside drain pipes

Post by hhinner »

This guy uses an iron snake. I think he's still around, based in Bo Fai area. We last used him maybe 2 years ago. He only does clearing/unblocking though. About 1500 baht in 2017, and didn't increase his price for the subsequent visit.

ช่างนก - chang Nok.
IMG_20230626_191519.jpg
IMG_20230626_191519.jpg (478.13 KiB) Viewed 1528 times
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

:thanks: Thank you for your suggestions, will get in touch with them and hope they can do something
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

I have also been told to talk to your local septic tank man! He will give it a bit of a suck for a few hundred Baht!
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
joelle
Legend
Legend

Re: Outside drain pipe

Post by joelle »

VincentD wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:19 pm Check the website 'thaidrain' dot com. I cannot remember if it is the same company as I used in Bangkok many years ago but they say they provide nationwide service, with rates starting from 1,500 baht (cannot remember if that was per blockage) but still a better option than breaking up my old drain. I use the thai word 'iron snake' (งูเหล็ก) to search as this is the term for your typical drain snake.
Or, you could go to your local HomePro and buy one to try yourself if blockage is not ingrown tree roots or something nasty.
Looked up https://thaidrain.com/
Phoned their English speaking contact number. They put me in touch with someone from Hua Hin who came yesterday Tuesday, had a look and gave a quote.
Khun Nin came back today at 8.30 sharp with all his equipment, spend over an hour clearing all the muck and roots at three different sections.
Job well done worth the 2800 baht. Very thorough.
I enclose his business card if anyone needs his services. He only speaks Thai but google translate helps.
Thanks again for the recommendation
:cheers:
Attachments
IMG_20230628_094852_961.jpg
IMG_20230628_094852_961.jpg (470.7 KiB) Viewed 1410 times
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Glad to see it helped.
วินเชนท์