The AI (artificial intelligence) thread

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
buksida

Re: The AI (artificial intelligence) thread

Post by buksida »

Thailand doesn't want to rely on those horrible aliens so is building its own AI ... what could possibly go wrong, they can barely get a website to function properly or sort an airport queue out ...

Bid to accelerate development of Open ThaiGPT project
Thailand is accelerating the development of the Open ThaiGPT project, hoping the country can avoid heavy reliance on foreign technologies in the area of artificial intelligence (AI).

Thailand needs to have its own version of the generative pre-trained transformer (GPT) model to support local needs by building a local ecosystem, Chai Wutiwiwatchai, executive director of the National Electronics and Computer Technology Center (Nectec), told the Bangkok Post.

GPT, a type of large language model (LLM) technology, can perform a broad range of tasks from creating original content to summarising text and writing code.

The country needs to have its own tech capabilities to minimise risks from a heavy dependence on foreign technologies, he said, as foreign tech companies could increase their service fees if Thailand lacks credible alternatives.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/ge ... pt-project
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Exams and theses will be much easier.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Text-to-video has arrived. Wild! Some more examples of the prompts in the thread.

I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
buksida

Post by buksida »

If you use Windows 11, Microsoft will have automatically loaded its AI called Copilot on your machine without asking you. This software is very intrusive, as spotted by Elon Musk.

Here's how to disable it:

https://www.tomsguide.com/computing/sof ... windows-11
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

buksida wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:39 am If you use Windows 11, Microsoft will have automatically loaded its AI called Copilot on your machine without asking you. This software is very intrusive, as spotted by Elon Musk.
My Windows 11 Home Single Language PC bought in 2022 gave me no option to use it without including my windows account in the logon procedure. That was way before Copilot which still isn't integrated in PCs or laptops in this region as far as I'm aware, it's being rolled out slowly..
buksida

Post by buksida »

404cameljockey wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:32 am That was way before Copilot which still isn't integrated in PCs or laptops in this region as far as I'm aware, it's being rolled out slowly..
Copilot was installed on my (Thailand-purchased) laptop (without permission) during the last Windows 11 update I did a couple of weeks ago. I have since removed it as I use the browser-based Anthropic AI (Claude) which doesn't need to be installed on your device.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

buksida wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:36 am
404cameljockey wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:32 am That was way before Copilot which still isn't integrated in PCs or laptops in this region as far as I'm aware, it's being rolled out slowly..
Copilot was installed on my (Thailand-purchased) laptop (without permission) during the last Windows 11 update I did a couple of weeks ago. I have since removed it as I use the browser-based Anthropic AI (Claude) which doesn't need to be installed on your device.
After my last Win 11 update all I have is a small icon in the bottom right of my Taskbar saying 'Copilot in Windows (preview)'. It (happily) does nothing when clicked.
Checking Windows update today, it says "you're up to date".
copilot preview Screenshot 2024-02-28 113430.jpg
copilot preview Screenshot 2024-02-28 113430.jpg (3.22 KiB) Viewed 765 times
buksida

Post by buksida »

Thats it. It is in preview/demo mode but you still have Microsoft's AI embedded in your computer, you may want it there, I didn't.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Google stops AI from creating human images

https://www.bangkokpost.com/life/tech/2 ... accuracies

SAN FRANCISCO — Images showing people of colour in German military uniforms from World War II that were created with Google’s Gemini chatbot have amplified concerns that artificial intelligence (AI) could add to the internet's already vast pools of misinformation as the technology struggles with issues around race.

Now Google has temporarily suspended the AI chatbot’s ability to generate images of any people and has vowed to fix what it called "inaccuracies in some historical" depictions.......
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

A collateral damage of AI is, though bot farms have been a thing for ages, it's becoming out of control on some mediums. P*rn bots, crypto bots, engagement bots...

Anything that's monetised or politicised is rampant with bots. And aside from picture ID, everyone being verified online etc., I'm not quite sure how folk stop this as AI advances. I'm not a tech guy but the tech guy's are still trying to figure this one out, too.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

I mean, it's fairly easy to spot at the moment. Some due diligence will be enough. :D

Won't be this easy for much longer though.

Screenshot_20240426-180133_X.jpg
Screenshot_20240426-180133_X.jpg (88.04 KiB) Viewed 280 times