Hua Hin Then and Now Comparison

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
buksida

Re: Hua Hin Then and Now Comparison

Post by buksida »

Thailand’s original beach resort is 100 — here’s what to expect today
The British seaside isn’t the only one having a renaissance. The coastal resort of Hua Hin — a favourite with Bangkok’s residents — celebrates its centenary and is as popular as ever.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/thai ... -lxrmbv02c

Bit of a flowery puff piece about a woman that stays in a few swanky hotels and explores modern Hua Hin. There is a completely different side of the town for the hisos.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

buksida wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:58 am Thailand’s original beach resort is 100 — here’s what to expect today

........Bit of a flowery puff piece about a woman that stays in a few swanky hotels and explores modern Hua Hin. There is a completely different side of the town for the hisos.
Yes, I know couples from Europe who visit Thailand, including Hua Hin and what they mainly go for is the resort hotels which they tell me are good value.
musungu
Professional
Professional

Post by musungu »

STEVE G wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:02 pm
buksida wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:58 am Thailand’s original beach resort is 100 — here’s what to expect today

........Bit of a flowery puff piece about a woman that stays in a few swanky hotels and explores modern Hua Hin. There is a completely different side of the town for the hisos.
Yes, I know couples from Europe who visit Thailand, including Hua Hin and what they mainly go for is the resort hotels which they tell me are good value.
I first came to Thailand in 2002 when I was on a golf holiday to New Zealand and Thailand with my then wife. We were 7 days in Hua Hin and stayed at the Dusit. We played all the golf courses and except for going down to the Hilton area for a couple of hours for some shopping they were the only times we left the hotel where the facilities and service were excellent.
Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.