Football in Hua Hin december 2022

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
PGS

Football in Hua Hin december 2022

Post by PGS »

Hi, I love watching football games at any level, the atmosphere and intensity at a football stadium is an experience I appreciate. So, are there any matches in Hua Hin during xmas/new year? And where is the local stadium situated. I believe I have read about a stadium close to Khao Takiab, in another thread. Cheers PG.

MOT!
Big Boy

Re: Football in Hua Hin december 2022

Post by Big Boy »

Thai football is currently in the mid-season break. The top league is off until the 3rd week in January. Locally, I think Hua Hin City are off until the first week in January. The next home game is 15th January against Angthong.

There are a few International games at Thamasat Stadium on the wrong side of Bangkok I think 20 Dec (u.23), 26 Dec (senior team and a few days later very early January.

On the 10th & 11th December The Hua Hin World Cup will be held at True Arena (near the Southern Flyover), where a lot of locals and Expats form teams representing their home nations. Usually a fun couple of days.

The local stadium is indeed Takiab Stadium, although 'atmosphere and intensity' are generally lacking. However, the management has changed this season, and the Belgian coach has quite a Farang following, which together with the stadium bar, I have been assured is re-injecting some spirit back into the club.

Personally, I think next week's Hua Hin World Cup is your best bet.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
PGS

Re: Football in Hua Hin december 2022

Post by PGS »

Thanks alot BB for info, I read alot of your posts regarding football, with interest. Neymar just put Brazil 2 goals ahead of S Korea ⚽️⚽️