Carrying passport

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
PGS

Carrying passport

Post by PGS »

Hi, I will return to Hua Hin for my annual xmas and new year holidays. Is it recommended to carry your passport everywhere you go? What could happen if you leave it in the hotelrooms safe, and getting stopped by the thai police for id?
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Carrying passport

Post by Dannie Boy »

PGS wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:43 am Hi, I will return to Hua Hin for my annual xmas and new year holidays. Is it recommended to carry your passport everywhere you go? What could happen if you leave it in the hotelrooms safe, and getting stopped by the thai police for id?
Do what most people do, carry a paper copy and/or a digital copy on your phone and I’m sure you’ll be fine in the unlikely event that the police ask for ID.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Or as I've suggested before go to the print/copy shop in the basement of M Village and they will make a copy and laminate it credit card size so it will easily fit in your wallet/pocket/bag etc and doesn't deteriorate like a paper copy.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Phyton
Professional
Professional

Post by Phyton »

In 2022 i think most have a smartphone.

I have a picture passport picturepage another with Visa if needed and entry stamp.
Greets,
Phyton