Bangkok gubernatorial election

General chat about life in the Land Of Smiles. Discuss expat life, relationship issues and all things generally Thailand and Asia related.
Bamboo Grove

Bangkok gubernatorial election

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Looks like Thaksin's old party member Chadchart Sittipunt is going to win the election in Bangkok's gubernatorial election.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chadchart_Sittipunt

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/po ... 4owmZToHS4
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: Bangkok gubernatorial election

Post by handdrummer »

One of the requirements for running for governor is that the candidate doesn't lie.
A politician who doesn't lie? Really? That ain't no politician, that's a saint.
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Post by Ratsima »

So, Chadchart ( ชัชชาติ) won in a huge landslide. Nothing I read pre-election speculated that such a big landslide was even a possibility. And, the Pheu Thai party (to which Chadchart used to belong) also seems to have done well. Chadchart was Minister of Transport when the Yingluck administration was ousted by a coup exactly eight years before the Bangkok election.

I wonder what the coup makers make of all this?

[Aside: Shouldn't there be a law against names that have three ชs in a row? ]
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Ratsima wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 5:20 am So, Chadchart ( ชัชชาติ) won in a huge landslide. Nothing I read pre-election speculated that such a big landslide was even a possibility. And, the Pheu Thai party (to which Chadchart used to belong) also seems to have done well. Chadchart was Minister of Transport when the Yingluck administration was ousted by a coup exactly eight years before the Bangkok election.

I wonder what the coup makers make of all this?

[Aside: Shouldn't there be a law against names that have three ชs in a row? ]
The law of attrition.