Flexible PVC Pipe (solvent weld)

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Flexible PVC Pipe (solvent weld)

Post by Nereus »

Ratsima wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:45 pm https://th.rs-online.com/web/

This website. I often order from them. Raspberry Pies (micro computers) tools, parts, etc.
Thanks very much. I guess that at long last they have caught up with rest of the World. When I worked in the Middle East I used RS extensively, but a couple of years ago I attempted to order from Bangkok, and ended up with their head office in the UK involved, because Bangkok would not, or could not, accept orders other than from big companies.

The then manager in Hong Kong became involved and eventually he processed the order and also added trade discounts. I have never tried again since. :cheers:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

KhunLA wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:55 pm:rasta:
:tosser:
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Post by Ratsima »

Nereus wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:02 pm Thanks very much. I guess that at long last they have caught up with rest of the World.
I went back and checked my records. The earliest order I have a record for was in November of 2015. (I only saved their email because they asked me an odd question about the order. There may have been earlier orders.)

So, they have been dealing with orders by individuals for quite some time.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Ratsima wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:15 am
Nereus wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:02 pm Thanks very much. I guess that at long last they have caught up with rest of the World.
I went back and checked my records. The earliest order I have a record for was in November of 2015. (I only saved their email because they asked me an odd question about the order. There may have been earlier orders.)

So, they have been dealing with orders by individuals for quite some time.
It was probably due more to the individual WOMAN involved, whom thought that she knew better. It was 2016. It turned out that the area manager from Hong Kong had been in the Bangkok office while this was going on and had not bothered to ask him.

But the following does not give me much confidence:
1.3 Disturbingly, the customer sends proof of payment with order number starting with 18xxxxxxxx to the finance officer email at r.receipts.th@rs-components.com email to release the order / Please send your payment slip with your order number that begin with 18xxxxxxxx to our finance team at email: r.receipts.th@rs-components.com
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Post by Ratsima »

It seems as if the problem of the hose clogging up has been solved by using the 1" ID Flex PVC. The 1" ID is too big for my fountain, so I reduce it with a few fittings to attach a 1/2" rigid PPC pipe about 30cm long that goes through the bamboo in the fountain. Here's an overhead view:
2022-06-21_10.14.02.jpg
2022-06-21_10.14.02.jpg (198.91 KiB) Viewed 170 times
It's been running a week now with no sign of any reduction in flow.

Thanks to all for the advice, opinions and assistance.