Land ownership clampdown

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
H2ODunc
Professional
Professional

Land ownership clampdown

Post by H2ODunc »

I've been reading a lot of posts recently about the land ownership clampdown and lots of people have lots to say. On one side you have the "I told you so's " and others saying " just wait and see, it will all die down " but have yet to read a post from someone who has lost his house / land etc. Is there any such person or is this just as you say TALK. I'm just curious as lots of people are getting very worked up over something I cant see any evidence of, I may be wrong , Personaly always been happy just renting. Just curious. Anyone!!!!!! :idea:
silverbird

Re: Land ownership clampdown

Post by silverbird »

H2ODunc wrote:I've been reading a lot of posts recently about the land ownership clampdown and lots of people have lots to say. On one side you have the "I told you so's " and others saying " just wait and see, it will all die down " but have yet to read a post from someone who has lost his house / land etc. Is there any such person or is this just as you say TALK. I'm just curious as lots of people are getting very worked up over something I cant see any evidence of, I may be wrong , Personaly always been happy just renting. Just curious. Anyone!!!!!! :idea:
All this talk regarding a clampdown on farangs owning land through companies started May 2 in a letter from the ministry dated May 15th. So it is a pretty new thing. I see no reason why anyone should have lost their house/land after only such a short period.

At the moment nobody knows what will happen in the future – and I think the future is what is important. As you have been told to own land is not possible for a farang unless he has invested 40 M in the country. But this is Thailand with the “rulesâ€