Rama 2 Interchange

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Rama 2 Interchange

Post by Nereus »

Heads up:
If anybody is driving to Bangkok, the big interchange from Rama 2 to Ratchaburi is barricaded closed to the overpass.
Just keep on heading north about 2 Kms and there is a U turn under an overpass that gets you heading back towards Rama 2. There is that many bloody signs, all in Thai, that it is confusing!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Rama 2 Interchange

Post by sateeb »

Saw that on Google Maps end of last month when I was planning a trip. I think it's an infrequent thing as other days shows it clear.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Its been like that for a few weeks now. I went to Bkk on 19 January and it was closed then.

The signage then was very confusing. It actually said for Bkk to go over the flyover and it was another 3k before I could do a 'traditional' U-Turn.

There were a couple of cars stopped at the junction of the flyover and the road that took you left to the traffic lights, clearly deciding which way to go. I realised immediately my mistake, but too late.
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I went through there about 4 this afternoon, and people were driving like headless chickens from the closed intersection to the u-turn. Just driving dead slow, and constantly switching lanes. Basically, they were doing what Thai drivers do when they're lost - drive at a crawl. I've got to go that way again on Sunday, when traffic is traditionally heavier, so I'll be leaving 15 minutes earlier.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20