What is all the fuss about Covid?

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Re: What is all the fuss about Covid?

Post by HarryVardon »

I never mentioned BREXIT in this topic. Just because Jeff Taylor and Nigel Farage happen to be Brexit supporters (as are the majority of British people) this has nothing to do with the government hiding the truth from the citizens along with the mainstream media. Frightening the population makes them more likely to do what a government wants (gives them extra power). Throughout the world you will see that left wing governments are using the lockdown, vaccine passports, etc. more often and more strictly than those further right. Big brother is watching you is a necessary evil for the left.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

HarryVardon wrote:I never mentioned BREXIT in this topic. Just because Jeff Taylor and Nigel Farage happen to be Brexit supporters (as are the majority of British people) this has nothing to do with the government hiding the truth from the citizens along with the mainstream media. Frightening the population makes them more likely to do what a government wants (gives them extra power). Throughout the world you will see that left wing governments are using the lockdown, vaccine passports, etc. more often and more strictly than those further right. Big brother is watching you is a necessary evil for the left.
The majority of British people may not agree with you. Maybe your other opinions are wrong too?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/987 ... nion-poll/
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

/\ Your argument was already disseminated yesterday and yet today you post another nonsensical video. Let me remind you....

Just the other week, a leading physician went on record to state that great numbers of unvaccinated people are dying from co-morbidities, who had they been vaccinated, could have expected to live for a further 2 - 3 decades. What a waste.

What part of this do you find difficult to grasp? :banghead:

Edit. Targeted at Harry Hardon
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Post by KhunLA »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:24 am The chances of dying from Covid are considerably reduced if you’re fully vaccinated - a third booster gives you 90% protection against the risk of being hospitalised
I have a 0.0315 % chance of dying from covid in Thailand. Don't think I really need to do anything to improve on those odds. Especially considering about 50+% of those dying, weren't exactly healthy to begin with, or so I read.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

KhunLA wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:24 am The chances of dying from Covid are considerably reduced if you’re fully vaccinated - a third booster gives you 90% protection against the risk of being hospitalised
I have a 0.0315 % chance of dying from covid in Thailand. Don't think I really need to do anything to improve on those odds. Especially considering about 50+% of those dying, weren't exactly healthy to begin with, or so I read.
I’m happy for you to take whatever risks you deem acceptable - by being fully vaccinated I believe I’m at even lesser risk than you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

KhunLA wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:28 pm
may-the-odds-be-ever-in-your-favor.jpg
may-the-odds-be-ever-in-your-favor.jpg (114.81 KiB) Viewed 1030 times
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:31 pm
KhunLA wrote:
I’m happy for you to take whatever risks you deem acceptable - by being fully vaccinated I believe I’m at even lesser risk than you!!

Operative word: "Believe." The fact is; none of us "know" anything that we haven't experienced.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

handdrummer wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:21 pm
Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:31 pm
KhunLA wrote: I have a 0.0315 % chance of dying from covid in Thailand. Don't think I really need to do anything to improve on those odds. Especially considering about 50+% of those dying, weren't exactly healthy to begin with, or so I read.

Operative word: "Believe." The fact is; none of us "know" anything that we haven't experienced.
You’re too pedantic for words, I can believe what ever I choose to, and I believe that by being fully vaccinated I am less at risk of becoming seriously I’ll through Covid than had I not had a single jab - therefore I hope not to experience it. This is based on what I have read and I judge that the majority of positive benefits outweigh the negative ones.
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Post by HarryVardon »

I was under the impression that the majority of the British people DID vote for Brexit! Based on how the EU has treated Britain since leaving Brexit now has a much, much higher majority. Some people just can't accept democracy!
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

HarryVardon wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:44 pm I was under the impression that the majority of the British people DID vote for Brexit! Based on how the EU has treated Britain since leaving Brexit now has a much, much higher majority. Some people just can't accept democracy!
I thought this thread was about COVID ??
Why bring Brexit into it ???
:offtopic:
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

HarryVardon wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:44 pm I was under the impression that the majority of the British people DID vote for Brexit! Based on how the EU has treated Britain since leaving Brexit now has a much, much higher majority. Some people just can't accept democracy!
Last word on this before leaving it well alone.

Yes the voted for Brexit - THEN. If the vote was run today the result would be mightily different.
End of 'rogue topic'

:offtopic:
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

joelle wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:38 pm
I thought this thread was about COVID ??
Yes, quite. We must be vigilant to ensure not one of the gazillion covid threads strays off topic for a moment. :laugh:

:cheers:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I do hope that the NHS vax refunisks have a label pinned to their uniforms stating, 'unclean', because if in the UK, I for one would not want to deal with any quack, who in my view, shouldn't even be allowed to practise as a Doctor in the NHS, if I had any say in the matter.

I have a nephew who is a GP and a neice in law who is a surgeon, as a consequence of their work, they, their spouses and children all contacted covid, but luckily all made a full recovery. They, like most sensible people, strongly beleive in vaccines and whilst both critical of the response of the UK Govt. also accept, that at the start, it really was an unprecedented situation.
Talk is cheap
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

caller wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:46 pm I do hope that the NHS vax refunisks have a label pinned to their uniforms stating, 'unclean'
Great idea. Maybe something like a yellow star pinned on the sleeve or something.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Lost wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:19 pm Great idea. Maybe something like a yellow star pinned on the sleeve or something.
Your words, not mine.
Talk is cheap