Warm Clothing

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
lomuamart

Warm Clothing

Post by lomuamart »

This will appear to be a strange question bearing in mind the current heat here but can anyone suggest somewhere in HH that sells warm clothing (jumpers/pullovers etc).

It looks increasingly likely that I'll be heading back to the UK for a visit towards the end of this month. I have exactly one pullover which is disintegrating quickly and is a disgrace to travel in (won't exactly be very practical against the British weather either).

Thanks for any ideas.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Warm Clothing

Post by HHTel »

Lazada have a collection of sweaters although mostly for women. Have a look at the other online shops.

When I last went to the UK a few years back, I was able to buy a 'puffer' jacket and jumpers, shirts and trousers off the open racks in MV. Quite a while ago so may not be available now.

Alternatively, H & M have winter clothes. I believe you can order online.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Export shops in both MV (2nd flr) and Bluport (basement) have cold weather clothes.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Excellent. Thanks folks.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

I bought a black "hoodie" type top from Laz for the week or so of cold weather here.

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?from= ... 30097:4660
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Thanks, that's food for thought although my initial reaction is that if I buy a hoodie I'll more than likely get stabbed between Heathrow and my destination!!

Only joking.
Meerkat
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Meerkat »

Have a look in the basement at Market Village as well, there is a little shop between the food court and the sports shop. I bought a North Face-type of lightweight, soft shell jacket in there for a summer visit to England* and it was excellent quality and well-priced.

* Obviously I was expecting a cold English summer . . .
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Went to Bluport for my re-entry stamp this morning so popped into The Export Shop and got some decent stuff at very reasonable prices.

I'll be visiting again on my return for Thai oriented shirts etc.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I realise when visiting the UK in the winter one doesn't want to be getting off the plane in shorts and flipflops, but once here, high street charity shops (and there are several in every town these days) are an excellent source of cheap 2nd hand clothing of reasonable quality. There must be 7 or 8 of these shops in Retford.

I'm not ashamed to say that a good part of my wardrobe was bought in charity shops. And most of my furniture! (Ikea, Ischmea...)
This is the way