Business closures in Hua Hin

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
huahinjim
Professional
Professional

Re: Soi 80 after Covid?

Post by huahinjim »

usual suspect wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:40 am Sorry this is not about Soi 80 bars, but...
After being linked to a bar down Bintabaat for a good 22 years the wife has decided to keep it closed!
On the announcement that the bars may well be opening again next month....The (greedy) Thai/Chinese landlady gave/offered my missus the new monthly rates and key-money... Well the figure simply cemented the fact of how
money-orientated the Chinese are..!! (It was sky high).
I DID write a post on another Thai forum hinting that this would happen nationwide here once the green-light for
bars was given, the topic was I think about how many bars will indeed re-open in Nov...?
What I did not expect that was within a week of that posting that this would happen.
But the dragon (Puy) will not be defeated.. She still plans to sell beer...But deffo not in the Binta-Block. :cheers:
Hi US. I walked down Bintabaht a few days ago and there were people inside that bar doing some major work. So maybe someone else has been tempted. Good luck to Puy wherever she opens