Kasikorn Bank closures?

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Big Boy

Kasikorn Bank closures?

Post by Big Boy »

Does anybody know what's going with this bank? They're saying on their web page (https://www.kasikornbank.com/en/announc ... nches.aspx) dozens of branches everywhere are closed because of Covid. It seems other banks closed similarly, but re-opened yesterday. I'm just back from Market Village - everywhere seems open as normal, except Kasikorn Bank. Is there a major rationalisation of service going on?

I don't like queuing on the pavement at the branch opposite the Esso Garage.It may be time to move banks after almost 10 years of being very happy with Kasikorn.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
huahinjim
Professional
Professional

Re: Kasikorn Bank closures?

Post by huahinjim »

Don’t know about branch closures but Kasikorn have certainly removed many atms from around the town . I presume lack of visitors = lack of use so they are making savings
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

But closing a branch with plenty of parking inside an air conditioned mall, in preference of customers queuing in Thailand sunshine isn't going to encourage me to hang around too long.

Points 48; Position 20
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:26 pm Does anybody know what's going with this bank? They're saying on their web page (https://www.kasikornbank.com/en/announc ... nches.aspx) dozens of branches everywhere are closed because of Covid. It seems other banks closed similarly, but re-opened yesterday. I'm just back from Market Village - everywhere seems open as normal, except Kasikorn Bank. Is there a major rationalisation of service going on?

I don't like queuing on the pavement at the branch opposite the Esso Garage.It may be time to move banks after almost 10 years of being very happy with Kasikorn.
They've gone bankrupt lol :wink: :|
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Since May Kasikorn has been in the running to purchase Citigroup's Thai retail banking business. It's all been quiet for a few months but you may be seeing Kasikorn starting to consolidate operations in prep for a deal to go through. Just a guess, as several other banks are after Citigroup's assets here as well.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Yes. Don't keep more than a million in the banks or else it's not covered under the insurance thing.

I haven't had to queue outside the main branch yet as I only ever go in there once a year to get my Imm papers but I'm sure I won't like the experience.

Oh, I doubt that I'll be too happy with a 4,500 THB charge for this year's credit advices either.

A quick walk over the road to Bangkok Bank to switch my account might change my humour. I've got all that to look forward to next week. I love Thailand sometimes.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Well, if they are not going to open either of their Mall branches here, I will be off as well.
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Exactly, the 2 remaining branches are in areas I normally avoid due to parking issues.

Points 48; Position 20
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

I rarely visit Kasikorn branches as I use internet banking wherever possible but last month I needed to withdraw to buy some gold so I popped into the nearest branch to the shop which happened to be the one near the day market. There was about 7 or 8 customers ahead of me with ONE teller ffs and yes each transaction ahead of me took ages!!
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I bit the bullet today, and went to the Petchkasem Branch (opposite Esso) to order my Credit Advices for the last 3 months. What a waste of time, on 2 counts (list follows for tapatalk users):
  • I've been driving past for weeks seeing huge queues cooking in the Thai sun waiting to be allowed in. It has taken me weeks to build up the courage to join the queue. I arrived today and walked straight in - 3 tellers sat twiddling thumbs. Mrs BB asked when the MV office will re-open, to which she was told yesterday :banghead: :banghead:
  • I know lomu gets his advices at this branch, and I was successful last year, but was dealt with by MV staff. I asked for 3 Credit Advices, and felt as if I must have grown another head judging by the reaction. MV have the process down to a fine art. Today's teller made a simple job very difficult. She took a load of photocopies, I had to sign everything, and she will call me in a week (they are usually e-mailed to me). :shock:
Anyway, lets not distract from the good news - Market Village Branch has re-opened. Hopefully, somebody can confirm.

Points 48; Position 20
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:51 pm I bit the bullet today, and went to the Petchkasem Branch (opposite Esso) to order my Credit Advices for the last 3 months. What a waste of time, on 2 counts (list follows for tapatalk users):
  • I've been driving past for weeks seeing huge queues cooking in the Thai sun waiting to be allowed in. It has taken me weeks to build up the courage to join the queue. I arrived today and walked straight in - 3 tellers sat twiddling thumbs. Mrs BB asked when the MV office will re-open, to which she was told yesterday :banghead: :banghead:
  • I know lomu gets his advices at this branch, and I was successful last year, but was dealt with by MV staff. I asked for 3 Credit Advices, and felt as if I must have grown another head judging by the reaction. MV have the process down to a fine art. Today's teller made a simple job very difficult. She took a load of photocopies, I had to sign everything, and she will call me in a week (they are usually e-mailed to me). :shock:
Anyway, lets not distract from the good news - Market Village Branch has re-opened. Hopefully, somebody can confirm.
Call them.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Big Boy wrote:I bit the bullet today, and went to the Petchkasem Branch (opposite Esso) to order my Credit Advices for the last 3 months. What a waste of time, on 2 counts (list follows for tapatalk users):
Just walked past. It's open.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:thumb:

Points 48; Position 20
huahinjim
Professional
Professional

Post by huahinjim »

BB - have you tried calling their Contact Centre? I have done that several times now rather than go into the bank following the lengthy queues. Usually quick to answer. Get the same questions as in the bank and email with the Credit Advice(s) usually within a day or two.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No, I've suggested this should be possible whilst in the bank making my calls, but they have never been forthcoming with who they call. Who do you actually phone please?

Points 48; Position 20