The Shaving Thread

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Buying online from Lazada

Post by HHTel »

Nothing to do with Lazada. Just a quick response to the last post. I changed my razors quite a while ago and have stuck with "Shavy" with 6 blades. Not taken notice of the dates but seem to last forever. Always bought from Tesco. Comes in a pack of 2 and not at all expensive.
Shavy.jpg
Shavy.jpg (20.97 KiB) Viewed 1725 times
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

HHTel wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:51 pm Nothing to do with Lazada. Just a quick response to the last post. I changed my razors quite a while ago and have stuck with "Shavy" with 6 blades. Not taken notice of the dates but seem to last forever. Always bought from Tesco. Comes in a pack of 2 and not at all expensive.

Shavy.jpg
is there any difference between shaving with 6 blades vs. 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5? I have a Gillette 3 blade and can't tell the difference between it an old 1 blade. Todays blade do last longer.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

HHTel wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:51 pm Nothing to do with Lazada. Just a quick response to the last post. I changed my razors quite a while ago and have stuck with "Shavy" with 6 blades. Not taken notice of the dates but seem to last forever. Always bought from Tesco. Comes in a pack of 2 and not at all expensive.

Shavy.jpg
Bought a pack after reading your post, 99 baht at Tesco and my husband says the razor is brilliant and no cutting himself
Thanks for a good tip
Sorry if off topic :bow:
Last edited by joelle on Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

...and here it is. Confirmed 99 Baht but promotion until August 11 their site says, then up to 112. Available on their on-line store.

Edit: Their site says Shavy also has 4 blade type @ 2 for 79 Baht then up to 99 on August 11. 2 blade @ 2 for 35 then up to 39 on August 11. Thank you for shopping at Lotus! :mrgreen:

Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 15.53.27.png
Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 15.53.27.png (300.46 KiB) Viewed 1544 times
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

The Shaving Thread

Post by PeteC »

^^ Moving some post from the Lazada thread to here.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Re: The Shaving Thread

Post by PeteC »

The question I have to those saying "these blades last forever etc.," is how often do you shave?

I would think here few of us shave everyday and perhaps taking off 3-7 days of beard would dull blades more quickly than shaving everyday? Or perhaps it's the opposite, I don't know? :cheers:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

PeteC wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:05 am The question I have to those saying "these blades last forever etc.," is how often do you shave?

I would think here few of us shave everyday and perhaps taking off 3-7 days of beard would dull blades more quickly than shaving everyday? Or perhaps it's the opposite, I don't know? :cheers:
I shave every other day and my preferred blade is a Gillette Mach 3, but I find some blades last longer than others - one might start to pull a bit after just a month whereas another blade might be good for 2-3 months - I just keep going until I think it’s time to change!!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Geeze, I'm not getting that. I've used a Gillette Sensor Excel 2 blade forever and shave about every 3 days. If I get 6-8 shaves out of one cartridge I consider myself lucky. Perhaps I should try a unit with more blades than just 2.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Nearly two years ago I started using a safety razor, single bladed and the only thing you throw away is the blade so more eco friendly (possibly). Too afraid to use a cutthroat type to be honest. I still use my trusty electric razor sometimes for a quick shave and also find a subsequent 'proper' shave less irritating. Blade life is very dependent on the manufacturer and beard type but I have found what I am happy with. Cost wise the initial outlay is more but blades are very cheap and lots of variety online.
I find the whole process starting with hot towel on the face and lathering up the shaving soap very therapeutic and the result lasts a lot longer than an electric shave. After some initial blood letting it still happens but not so often and a styptic pencil helps.
On the occasions where I have used the multi blade type of throwaway razors I never found them to last that long but this is probably down to bristle type anyway and I do change the single blade after about four shaves.
There is so much information out there on the various kit available and ultimately what is best for an individual will vary. I have seen the changes from single to two, three and now six blade units. Not tried them all but I know what I am happy with. I even tried the one that came out with a vibrating head but did not get on with that.
Just my own thoughts on a quiet Sunday morning.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

OMG! I'm now the sad git who started a 'shaving thread'. :oops:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

As I said on the Lazada thread, I am a Gillette Fusion (5 blades) guy. Brand new, these blades are fantastic, Even after 3 months use, they still out-perform most other blades. I usually shave every 1 or 2 days. I change after 3 months, not because I need to, but because I feel that I should.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Gregjam wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:31 am After some initial blood letting it still happens but not so often and a styptic pencil helps.
Where do you find it as I have looked and asked around and they don't seem to know the item and of course "no have"
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

HHTel wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:11 am
OMG! I'm now the sad git who started a 'shaving thread'. :oops:

No, I just moved BB's aforementioned post, he now started it. :lach:
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Cheers, Pete. I feel a lot better!
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

joelle wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:29 am
Gregjam wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:31 am After some initial blood letting it still happens but not so often and a styptic pencil helps.
Where do you find it as I have looked and asked around and they don't seem to know the item and of course "no have"
Lazada is your friend but the item does ship from China. Just type styptic pencil in the search box. :cheers:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.