Phone/Web/Tech Cons....

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
pharvey

Phone/Web/Tech Cons....

Post by pharvey »

I am going on a rant - sorry..... :oops: Truly, my question is does Thailand suffer as much? Do Expats keeping Emails, contact numbers or links to their own countries suffer?

In the UK, we've always had our "Cold Calls" as I'm sure numerous countries also have - Does Thailand? I was certainly bombarded with SMS's whilst there (holding a Thai card), as I have been in other countries, but at the end of the day it's just an SMS!

Unfortunately many, many companies and people see the Covid-19 Pandemic as an opportunity to make money (both legally and illegally). Numerous "Scum of The Earth" have no boundaries as to what to do or who they will hurt.

I like many others in the UK and other countries, have been off work/working from home for a long while due to Covid. During this period, I have received countless calls (mobile, Company mobile, home numbers) and of course though Email by @rsewypes trying the con. I am not trying to be racist - though it's not difficult after the whole BLM or BLAME (someone else) Movement...... The vast majority of these calls are by Indians - perhaps due to the fact that we have so many "Indian Call Centers" in use throughout UK companies... AND BANKS!! :cuss:

Who can we trust......?

Well, no-one!
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Big Boy

Re: Phone/Web/Tech Cons....

Post by Big Boy »

The SMS messages - simply nip into your provider and ask them to switch off. Cold calls are minimal - maybe 3 a week for me.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

pharvey wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:43 am In the UK, we've always had our "Cold Calls" as I'm sure numerous countries also have - Does Thailand? I was certainly bombarded with SMS's whilst there (holding a Thai card), as I have been in other countries, but at the end of the day it's just an SMS!

Yes. I get a couple of calls week - usually finance companies trying to sell me shit or automated bots. This is why I do not like dishing my number out on stupid forms every time I go into a shop. Phone numbers are commodities here.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

When a form calls for a number I always put the wrong one in. It's that gray hair I guess but the only messages I get are from DTAC my carrier.

I also sign my name Joe Biden.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

You can normally tell when it’s a scam call - it will say Thailand followed by the number. I never answer and then block the number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Get two or three calls a day in the UK. 'Tis annoying. Like Pharvey said, usually Indian call centers.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.