Trang breakfasts

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Trang breakfasts

Post by dtaai-maai »

http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/2021030 ... com%2Fnews

"In this southern Thai city, people wake up before 04:00 and flock to dim sum halls, vintage cafes and street food vendors for their early morning fix."
It was almost midnight in the southern Thai city of Trang, and I was staring into an oven the size of a tuk-tuk. Flames and smoke were shooting out of the top, and men were carefully lowering two full-grown, slaughtered pigs into the fiery abyss. An hour later, they would be pulled out, smoking, crimson, crispy and fragrant. When cool enough to handle, the pigs would be portioned, chopped up and displayed for sale at Trang’s central morning market by about by 04:00.
This is the way
Bamboo Grove

Re: Trang breakfasts

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Sorry, I'm taking this off-topic immediately. I've had my best khanom jeen in Phangnga town, south anyway. About Trang, I've visited it 2-3 times, did like it but can't particularly remember the breakfasts just a noisy hotel which name I can't recall. Another visit was just after I had been in a train accident in Yala where my carriage dropped off the tracks but I got only a few bruises. I was recovering from them in Trang for a couple of days. Always wanted to visit the islands there but never did.

P.S. I do love dimsum