House registration document

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
wilf
Amateur
Amateur

House registration document

Post by wilf »

Hi Everyone hope your all well

Could you help I am in a rented property, I have a rental agreement, but no copy of the house registration document ( tabean bahn ).
Do I need this for the visa process.

As I am unable to get a copy off owner.

Many thanks
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: House registration document

Post by sateeb »

The rental agreement is sufficient for the visa process.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
wilf
Amateur
Amateur

Post by wilf »

Thanks for your reply, that’s reassuring.

Also do you know if it’s normal to expect a copy of the owners taben bahn when you rent somebody’s house.

Or is reasonable for them to refuse.

Many Thanks
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I rented 4 properties over 14 years, and I never asked for (and Immigration never asked for) a copy.
This is the way
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

The owner is required to submit a TM30 form to immigration within 24 hours of you residing there to report your whereabouts. As a renter you are not expected to be included in the tabien baan.
วินเชนท์
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Thailightzone »

When I moved into my condo in Hua Hin I took all the forms, signed by owner, copies of rental agreements, everything. But because the owner of my condo is a farang she wanted a copy of his passport. I was like - are you serious? You have all his details, incl his passport number on these documents. Nope she wanted colour copy of his photo. So much hassle.

I departed there hoping this unessecary complexity was not going to be a typical occurrence for Hua Hin.

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Thailightzone wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:15 pm I departed there hoping this unessecary complexity was not going to be a typical occurrence for Hua Hin.
How's that working out for you? :laugh:
This is the way
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Thailightzone »

dtaai-maai wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:44 pm
Thailightzone wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:15 pm I departed there hoping this unessecary complexity was not going to be a typical occurrence for Hua Hin.
How's that working out for you? :laugh:
Well I do 90-day reporting now online.

My first experiences of immigration where at Jomtien, Chonburi. I went with all the forms & copies and they just handed them back to me like "i don't want all your trash" and just took my passport and approved in 1 minute.

BTW if you want to see more white Englishmen than you'd see on the streets of London then just go to Jomtien immigration :D