Strong surf hits Prachuap Khiri Khan beach

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
PeteC

Strong surf hits Prachuap Khiri Khan beach

Post by PeteC »

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/st ... khan-beach

Surf.jpg
Surf.jpg (52.99 KiB) Viewed 1128 times

High waves, peaking at 2 to 4 metres, hit Prachuap Khiri Khan’s coastal beaches, gushing over the breakwater and flooding some spots of the beachside road.

Beachfront shops and restaurants have been temporarily closed while all on-water activities are prohibited in the affected areas. Over 100 fishing boats and small boats have moored in the areas around the Khao Ta Mong Lai Mountains to shelter from the strong winds.

Swimming and other water activities are prohibited at Bang Saphan district’s Ban Krut Beach, one of the province’s most popular tourist destinations, due to the dangerous conditions.

The Prachuap Khiri Khan Governor recently warned coastal residents about the potentially dangerous strong winds.

The Thai Meteorological Department issued warnings yesterday that the strong northeast monsoon that prevailed in the Gulf of Thailand and the South might cause strong winds and high waves.

SOURCE: Matichon Online

More photos here: https://www.matichon.co.th/region/news_2524814
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: Strong surf hits Prachuap Khiri Khan beach

Post by migrant »

Yes, bummer, no fishing!!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Finally there are waves for surfing in Thailand.
brianks
Guru
Guru

Post by brianks »

Down here in the South (Khanon) the waves were smashing over the walls and flooding everything within 20 meters at arund 11:30am yesterday. Fun to watch all of the bad sea walls getting undermined.