Happy New Year

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Big Boy

Happy New Year

Post by Big Boy »

It has probably been the quietest New Year I've known in Hua Hin since moving here 9 years ago, and the fireworks were the worst in living memory; but hey I had a wonderful time celebrating at home with family - 9 of us. It was a great way to see in 2021.

I hope everybody has had at least as good a time as we've had, 2021 can only get better than the crap year we leave behind.

Happy New Year everybody.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Re: Happy New Year

Post by Jack_Batty »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:27 am It has probably been the quietest New Year I've known in Hua Hin since moving here 9 years ago, and the fireworks were the worst in living memory; but hey I had a wonderful time celebrating at home with family - 9 of us. It was a great way to see in 2021.

I hope everybody has had at least as good a time as we've had, 2021 can only get better than the crap year we leave behind.

Happy New Year everybody.
Markedly different from last New Year’s Eve in Hua Hin, that’s for sure! Spent the evening watching Netflix and drinking Heinekens in modest quantities. Kissed the girl at midnight and continued on with Netflix. Happy New Year everyone.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I'm spending my New Year with Mrs Bucket the hyacinth. She's very affectionate, although the conversation's a tad limited. Rather like many farang-Thai relationships.

Mrs Bucket.jpeg
(156.52 KiB) Downloaded 870 times
This is the way
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Happy New Year all (for what it's worth). Like BB we have 9 in the house but by midnight only myself and 2 others were awake. We watched the abysmal fireworks from the balcony which was over very quickly. Sank a couple of Wood's 100% black rum (a treat for me) and that was it apart from a couple of calls from the UK to give wishes and pointing out that it's much worse there than it is here!!

Fingers crossed for a better year.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Happy new year to all. Missing them Hua Hin New Year's eves.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Impressed with the hyacinth DM!

With cr@p beginning in May, Myself, the LHG & Bob the Dog ending the year in Lockdown, starting 2021 in Lockdown - not really celebrating..... It's been an utterly shite year but certainly appreciate that many are far worse off than us.

Here's hoping 2021 will treat all far better than 2020 and we can gather with loved ones to celebrate, attend parties/sports/concerts/cinemas..... and of course a pi$$up!!

Personally I'm looking forward to a bumper summer bbq to celebrate (missed) combined birthdays, anniversaries and "get-togethers".... :wink:

Truly Best Wishes to One & All For 2021!! :thumb: :D

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Happy new year from Wuhan, everyone. :wink:

Jokes aside, I wish everyone on the forum a happy new year and hope it's a good one. Maybe I'll last 2021 without a day trolling on the forum, who knows.

e24dff35004e2239ef23e7833bd7a1d6.jpg
e24dff35004e2239ef23e7833bd7a1d6.jpg (9.66 KiB) Viewed 804 times
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Happy new year to all, stay healthy and safe
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Although we had intended to stay up to see in the New Year, by 10pm we decided we'd had enough and went to bed, to be woken up at midnight by fewer fireworks than normal going off, but definitley more gunshots - it sounded more like a night in the Wild West!!
Happy New Year :cheers:
buksida

Post by buksida »

Dannie Boy wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:43 am Although we had intended to stay up to see in the New Year, by 10pm we decided we'd had enough and went to bed,
Likewise, also fell asleep early, must be getting old. The Gestapo came round and closed all the bars and restaurants at 6pm, but the mafia-run hotels carried on with their parties. It is nice to be up early on New Year's day without a hangover!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Happy New Year!! I went to bed about 10.30 here in the UK. I'm afraid Mrs Bucket (see above) disgraced herself after dipping into the cooking sherry...
This is the way
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Good riddance to 2020!
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Late, I know, but Happy NY to everyone.

For once, I actually saw it in - on my own with a few beers at home. The wife had drunk herself stupid the day before so retired to bed at around 8pm.

And I actually played golf today. A fun event with only 3 clubs and a putter being allowed. It was quite a laugh and good to get out and clear the cobwebs away.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

...and your 3 clubs were? 3 wood, 5 iron and 9 iron?
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

No - 5 iron, 8 iron, 54 degree wedge.