Thailand plans to build spacecraft to orbit the moon

Discussion on science, nature and technology across the globe.
Big Boy

Thailand plans to build spacecraft to orbit the moon

Post by Big Boy »

Minister says Thailand plans to build spacecraft to orbit the moon within 7 years

Government minister Anek Laothamatas says that within 7 years, Thailand will have built and launched a spacecraft that will orbit and explore the moon. The Minister of Higher Education, Science, Research, and Innovation was speaking at a press conference at Bangkok’s Chulalongkorn University, where an update on Covid-19 vaccines was being provided to the media.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/mi ... in-7-years

I guess the submarine money must be secure. More boys toys :?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Thailand plans to build spacecraft to orbit the moon

Post by HHTel »

WHY?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Boys toys.

Points 48; Position 20
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:27 amBoys toys.
Graft raft
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
buksida

Post by buksida »

They can get the parts from China at a discount.

Don't worry about vaccinating your population against Covid or rescuing the economy Minister Fukwad, let's spend billions going to the moon!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Post by Ratsima »

EpR6YhBXEAEjnBy.jpg
EpR6YhBXEAEjnBy.jpg (90.45 KiB) Viewed 1172 times
Courtesy Twitter.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Opposition parties grilling government in military purchase and plans to go to the moon
Opposition parties are questioning the Royal Thai Air Force’s (RTAF) recent purchases and the government’s plans to start building spaceships — to fly to and orbit the moon — this week.

After one of its purchasing documents circulated online, the RTAF said on Wednesday that the 54.43 million baht price tag to fix a toilet on its VVIP aircraft, an Airbus A340-500, is “reasonable.”

The air force said that fixing a toilet on a plane is more complicated than fixing a normal toilet on the ground because it requires “expensive engineering” and expertise from Germany, such as the process of redesigning and realigning the piping system.

In 2014, Prayut led a coup which put him into power. He ruled under a junta government for five years until 2019’s general election.

“The government should concentrate on making the military more transparent first before dreaming about sending a spaceship to the moon,” he added.

Anusorn was referring to comments made by Anek Laothamatas, Minister of Higher Education, Science, Research and Innovation, who said on Monday that Thailand will start building spaceships in order to travel to the moon within seven years.

Pichai Naripthaphan, Pheu Thai Party’s deputy leader, said on Friday that the government should be thinking about the recession, strong baht, corruption and air pollution problems first before thinking about lunar exploration.

“While a minister in Prayut’s cabinet is dreaming about sending a spaceship to the moon in seven years, people are wondering what will kill them first, the recession that came with the coronavirus pandemic or the PM2.5 toxin?” he said.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/21710/oppo ... -the-moon/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

54.43 million baht price tag to fix a toilet on its VVIP aircraft, an Airbus A340-500, is “reasonable.
:lach: :lach: :lach:

They've said it, so it must be true :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Points 48; Position 20
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Had I known, I would have fixed it for 50 million, thereby saving them 4.43 million, enough to buy a small condo in the forest for 1 minister.