Christmas & New Year's Eve 2020

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Christmas 2020

Post by lindosfan1 »

pharvey wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:20 pm
dtaai-maai wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:17 pm Well, one of my granddaughters has just tested positive for Covid, so that's our Christmas buggered... :(
Well that's not good news - sorry to hear. Hope she recovers quickly.
Ihope you are not in the same tier as me tier 4. Not being reviewed till the 30th of December, does not bode well for the new year.
I hope your granddaughter recovers quickly.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

No, oop north, having been worse off than you soft southerners for several months, we are still in tier 3. Also, after consulting the powers that be, according to when symptoms first manifested my family's isolation ends on the 24th, so Christmas hasn't been cancelled after all. Yet. What's more, my daughter has informed me that they can all come to my place to be fed on New Year's Day. Whoopee... :shock: :roll: :laugh: :laugh:
This is the way
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

dtaai-maai wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:33 am No, oop north, having been worse off than you soft southerners for several months, we are still in tier 3.
Us Welsh poofters are now in lockdown from midnight tonight - can't travel aside from Christmas Day, when we'll travel to my mother's (for some reason living across the bridge :roll: ). The LHG shall be doing the driving as we can't stay overnight and I plan to have the odd "tipple"..... "Bob the Dog" is rolling his eyes in the knowledge that he'll be sharing the back seat of the car with me on the return trip (although there is that knowing smile that makes me think I may be relegated to the boot :roll: ).
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

pharvey wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:01 am The LHG shall be doing the driving as we can't stay overnight and I plan to have the odd "tipple"..... "Bob the Dog" is rolling his eyes in the knowledge that he'll be sharing the back seat of the car with me on the return trip (although there is that knowing smile that makes me think I may be relegated to the boot :roll: ).
Are you sure that's all Bob the Dog has in mind for you...? :shock: :laugh:
This is the way
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

dtaai-maai wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:32 am
pharvey wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:01 am The LHG shall be doing the driving as we can't stay overnight and I plan to have the odd "tipple"..... "Bob the Dog" is rolling his eyes in the knowledge that he'll be sharing the back seat of the car with me on the return trip (although there is that knowing smile that makes me think I may be relegated to the boot :roll: ).
Are you sure that's all Bob the Dog has in mind for you...? :shock: :laugh:
Well, he's 18, so the "friskiness" is a distant memory - suffering from poor vision and memory loss (aren't we all), so may well go into "attack mode" when he doesn't recognise me!! :wink:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

pharvey wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:01 am
dtaai-maai wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:33 am No, oop north, having been worse off than you soft southerners for several months, we are still in tier 3.
Us Welsh poofters are now in lockdown from midnight tonight - can't travel aside from Christmas Day, when we'll travel to my mother's (for some reason living across the bridge :roll: ). The LHG shall be doing the driving as we can't stay overnight and I plan to have the odd "tipple"..... "Bob the Dog" is rolling his eyes in the knowledge that he'll be sharing the back seat of the car with me on the return trip (although there is that knowing smile that makes me think I may be relegated to the boot :roll: ).
Well I live in Romney Marsh an area famous for sheep, :oops: like Wales, we have both gone into tier 4. Do you think we have annoyed the sheep or has DM cast a spell. :D
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Thailightzone »

Aussie69 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:49 pm
PeteC wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:12 pm PS: I had to delete your Santa on a cross photo as offensive to some.
Okay. I apologize.
9373pete
Rookie
Rookie

Post by 9373pete »

Aussie69 wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:06 pm Pete, you wouldn't happen to be on the board of Tesco-Lotus would you? These tracks, played on a continuous loop, sound familiar.

I guess I like sounds from home, but it always seems a little disingenuous in the land where it has been explained to me Christmas is about birth of Santa under a Christmas tree

Appreciate the music though.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
If I was on the board of Tesco Lotus your shopping experience would be a lot different.

The music I heard was nothing to do with any jingle bells.

Would like to know who they were & let’s get them back, the rest of the bands were painful.
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Thailightzone »

I was looking at Christmas meals / events. But as a newbie in Hua Hin I do not know anyone so I am not going to book a Christmas meal/table for one
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

OMG --What a Christmas--Santa in quarantine, Reindeer all coughing and little angel on the top of the tree fined for not wearing a mask.
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Thailightzone »

My donkey award for the least effort made on Christmas decorations for 2020 goes to Villa Market.

PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Merry Christmas to all! :thumb: Pete :cheers:

Tropical Santa.jpg
Tropical Santa.jpg (168.33 KiB) Viewed 440 times
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

I think it's time we talked about the "elephants in the sky" :laugh: :laugh:

Have a safe one folks :cheers:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Seasons Greeting from the Big Boy clan. Have a great time.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Merry Christmas to all. Enjoy it whilst we still can.