16th Hua Hin International Jazz Festival 2020

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Big Boy

16th Hua Hin International Jazz Festival 2020

Post by Big Boy »

4th and 5th December
Jazz.jpg
Jazz.jpg (80.74 KiB) Viewed 1022 times
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: 16th Hua Hin International Jazz Festival 2020

Post by handdrummer »

So far, no artists have been announced.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No, not much detail yet - I guess international artists won't be rushing to do 14 days incarceration. However, as we hear more, we will update the thread.

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

They'll be live streaming from state quarrantine. :lach:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

buksida wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:18 pm They'll be live streaming from state quarrantine. :lach:
They could stay home and do that. Check is in the mail. Oh wait, there is no mail leaving here. Never mind, send us your bank acct info and we'll do a transfer. Your's sincerely, Mohamed Ben Faisl, Nigerian prince.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Venue has been stated as the beach outside the Centara Grand Hotel,

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

Hua Hin International Jazz Festival 2020 returns in December
The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT), in cooperation with Hua Hin Municipality and Centara Grand Beach Resort and Villas Hua Hin, is delighted to announce that the highly-anticipated Hua Hin International Jazz Festival 2020 will be held next month.

Scheduled for 4 – 5 December, 2020, the annual music festival promises chic musical sophistication and a chill vibe with no admission fee to the Festival required.

Mr. Tanes Petsuwan, TAT Deputy Governor for Marketing Communications, said, “The Hua Hin International Jazz Festival 2020 is expected to attract no less than 10,000 tourists who will come to enjoy the Festival’s sights and sounds. The event forms part of the TAT’s music and event marketing strategy to help establish Hua Hin as the ‘Home of Jazz’ in Thailand and a top global destination for jazz music in general.”

The exciting weekend-long festival will showcase different styles and eras of music with diverse jazz performances, including 50 of the most up-and-coming jazz performers and award-winning artists. These include famed jazz musicians like Keith Nolan, renowned trumpet player Steve Cannon, and sensational jazz vocalist Julian Cary. Thai artists round out the programme with performances by Koh Mr. Saxman, celebrity singer Burin Boonvisut, and Sincharoen Brothers to name only a few.

https://www.pattayamail.com/thailandnew ... ber-334780
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Are all these foreign artists going to go through 14 day quarantine first? The hotel fees will surely take a bite out of their performance fee. Perhaps the Gov. is paying for it all. :D
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I hadn't twigged there were actually foreigners coming this year, but I've just looked at their Facebook Page, and they are certainly listed.

I would guess there is no option, but to quarantine. Professional footballers returning to play in Thailand are the precedent that they should be working to. they have certainly had to quarantine, and even players due to arrive during the forthcoming transfer window have to quarantine. I don't see how there can be any alternative.

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

Doubt there will be any foreign tourists attending whatsoever. Just a smattering of expats and the usual Bangkok hi-sos.

This event used to be one of the highlights of the year for Hua Hin attracting tens of thousands of international visitors, that is until they scaled it back, banned the beer sponsor, and started charging for entry.

Ahh ... those halcyon days ...

http://www.huahinafterdark.com/hua-hin- ... l-2006.htm
http://www.huahinafterdark.com/hua-hin- ... l-2007.htm
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Post by HarryVardon »

I used to love Jazz festivals but they slowly changed to modern pop. I couldn't find either trad or modern jazz at any of the festivals I have been to in the last 10 years. It is a great pity, real jazz is wonderful music.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Big Boy wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:58 am I hadn't twigged there were actually foreigners coming this year, but I've just looked at their Facebook Page, and they are certainly listed.

I would guess there is no option, but to quarantine. Professional footballers returning to play in Thailand are the precedent that they should be working to. they have certainly had to quarantine, and even players due to arrive during the forthcoming transfer window have to quarantine. I don't see how there can be any alternative.
Trumpet player, Steve Cannon, lives in Bangkok. I don't know about the rest.
No one is going to quarantine for 14 days, without being able to practice. If the players don't live here, they're not coming.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Yes, seems that way. The three foreign names in the Pattaya Mail article above are all Bangkok based, per Google.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
ahandpatsy
Professional
Professional

Post by ahandpatsy »

It will not attract 10,000 tourist. More bullcrap from tourist authorities
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

ahandpatsy wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:28 pm It will not attract 10,000 tourist. More bullcrap from tourist authorities
One too many zeros.