Fiber internet with 3BB Hua Hin

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Fiber internet with 3bb Hua Hin

Post by HHTel »

So it's area dependent. Still, disgraceful marketing.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

pharvey wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:59 pm I can ... download movies quickly (have not checked the time),
Yes, I've never quite understood the apparent obsession by forum members over the years with how quickly you can download a film, when there are so many more important factors to consider. What difference does it make whether it takes 3 minutes or half a day?
This is the way
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

All of this talk about speeds, I did a check on mine. My package was downgraded to the cheapest by AIS a few months ago (a strange way to run a business, but TIT). It was way OTT for what I needed anyway, so I took the hit without saying anything - my wallet didn't object.

I chose a random server in London, and was blown away when both my up and down speeds exceeded 300mbps. I still remember being pleased with my first connection in Thailand 9 years ago - I was delighted with 8mbps (of course, that would only have been to Thai servers :D )
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

dtaai-maai wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:32 pm I'm quite happy with 60 mbps at £24, thanks very much! :laugh:
I imagine those ultra-high speeds are only available in a few areas, probably major cities.

EDIT: Just checked at the link and I'm already getting the best speed available in my area.
Just done a speed test and I'm getting 70/20, so slightly better than I thought.
Not really relevant to HH, sorry.
This is the way
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:22 pm I still remember being pleased with my first connection in Thailand 9 years ago - I was delighted with 8mbps (of course, that would only have been to Thai servers :D )
Likewise, going back 15 years or so. I remember getting Sport365 [?] when IIRC it was said you needed at least 3 mbps, and I had slightly more (though I think I was paying for 10 in those days). I don't remember having too many problems with it - in fact it was a great service to have for sports fans.
This is the way
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

dtaai-maai wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:20 pm
pharvey wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:59 pm I can ... download movies quickly (have not checked the time),
Yes, I've never quite understood the apparent obsession by forum members over the years with how quickly you can download a film, when there are so many more important factors to consider. What difference does it make whether it takes 3 minutes or half a day?
With you there DM. When I do download movies or series, I do so overnight anyway - so pretty much all's there the next day. That said, being in the UK there's plenty to watch so not in the position of the guys in HH or elsewhere in Thailand, so can understand the "need for speed"!!! :D

I wonder what 120 Mbps is like though......... :roll: :wink:

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I remember first getting 3BB. They advertised 512 Kbs download and they promoted that as something special. Downloading a movie took most of the day and usually overnight.
Then to allow the family to watch it on the TV, I had to burn it onto disc and played on my DVD player attached to the TV.
The beauty now is that anyone can browse YTS for a movie. "Can we watch that one?"
"No problem." Downloaded in under 2 mins then watched on my mega screen TV via HDMI.

The old days (which at the time I thought superb) have long gone.

But then like many on here will remember radiograms, changing the needle regularly, 12" black and white TV's.
The times they are a changing and have already changed massively in my lifetime.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

^^ :laugh: :laugh: Eeee, when I were a lad... :laugh:
This is the way
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

dtaai-maai wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:36 am ^^ :laugh: :laugh: Eeee, when I were a lad... :laugh:
Don't start.......
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Couldn't resist it:

buksida

Post by buksida »

HHTel wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:28 am I remember first getting 3BB. They advertised 512 Kbs download and they promoted that as something special. Downloading a movie took most of the day and usually overnight.
Can beat that - I remember when the only way to get internet in HH was through a dial-up modem connected at 33.6kbps via CAT. Downloading a song on Napster took all day!

:offtopic: Anyway, back to 3BB fiber.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Acoustic couplers anyone?
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Buks, I can remember when you got me my first computer but it wasn't set up for the internet.

Some bloke, Swiss I think, came round to the house and with some wires and some pliers managed to get me connected through the land line connection.

This was the tops for me back then. I wasn't so interested in speed as it was non-existent as you've said. But I built up a half decent music library of maybe 200 songs. Thing is, it took me years.

Remember Gary Graeme Jones and his first efforts to create bar computer jukeboxes?
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

lomuamart wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:28 pm Buks, I can remember when you got me my first computer but it wasn't set up for the internet.

Some bloke, Swiss I think, came round to the house and with some wires and some pliers managed to get me connected through the land line connection.

This was the tops for me back then. I wasn't so interested in speed as it was non-existent as you've said. But I built up a half decent music library of maybe 200 songs. Thing is, it took me years.

Remember Gary Graeme Jones and his first efforts to create bar computer jukeboxes?
Shit, you guys must be ancient, 55555!
YNWA
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

images.jpg
images.jpg (6.03 KiB) Viewed 274 times
Lol