TVMucho Price Hike

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
Big Boy

TVMucho Price Hike

Post by Big Boy »

I've received an e-mail from TVMucho stating from Monday they will be hosted by PZAZ. This comes at a cost of an additional 60 Euros a year, which will be generously waived for the first year. Strange, but I thought I'd already paid for the next 12 months for a service they were going to provide. So they've taken my money, and are now feeding me BS. They aren't giving me anything other than advice of a massive price hike next year.

The one good thing is I now have 12 months to consider alternatives or to stay as I am, and pay the money.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: TVMucho Price Hike

Post by Dannie Boy »

Nobody likes a price hike, especially when it’s double or more, but I think it’s still not too expensive compared to some of the alternatives - at least there’s a years notice to “compare the market”!!
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

The way I read it was the price hike after 12 months was only if you wanted to use the catch-up/recording service. maybe I read it wrong
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

arcadianagain wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:07 pm The way I read it was the price hike after 12 months was only if you wanted to use the catch-up/recording service. maybe I read it wrong
But for most people living here in Thailand that’s what we need due to the time difference, with in my case the UK (6-7 hours).
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Exactly, apart from the odd live football match, I only use catch-up.

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

What a bag of shite. I'm currently trying to get my subscription refunded. It is no longer what I signed up for, and of very little use to me. :cuss:

No more catch-up TV. You have to tell the system that you will watch it beforehand. I don't normally know what is on until I see it on the programme guide.

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm obviously looking for alternatives now. Is anybody using Teatime TV? How is their service? Are they being squeezed by the same constraints as TVMucho?

I was a fan of Teatime TV until I realised it was being run by the same crowd who stole my Expat TV money, but their product was good. I'd go with a monthly subscription though.

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote:What a bag of shite. I'm currently trying to get my subscription refunded. It is no longer what I signed up for, and of very little use to me. :cuss:

No more catch-up TV. You have to tell the system that you will watch it beforehand. I don't normally know what is on until I see it on the programme guide.
I normally use a VPN to watch UK programmes but I did try TV Mucho the other day and found the layout had changed completely since the last time I had used it - now I know why!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've received a nice communication from them, asking me to reconsider my request to cancel, but saying they will refund 11 month's subscription if I'm still unhappy, which I have accepted.

So, unlike Expat TV who took the money and ran, TVMucho are genuine, and will refund my money.

Points 48; Position 20
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

I only ever used/use on a monthly basis whilst working overseas - in the current climate, I've obviously not done so for some time. Having a look on the site, I can't see any significant changes to costs etc (at least based on monthly charges).
Mucho.JPG
(94.19 KiB) Downloaded 747 times
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

This is the original notification message:
Dear customer,

Have we got some important news for you! This Monday 27th July your TVMucho membership will change. Please take a few moments to read this email.

Record All replaced with Personal Cloud Video Recording

Most of you are familiar with our Record All service. Unfortunately, under intense pressure from select players within the broadcasting industry, we must discontinue this service.

As a result, we are upgrading you free-of-charge to our new personal cloud video recording app called Later, for one year. The normal retail price of €5 euro monthly / €60 euro annually will be waived - free - for 12 months. Through our partnership with Later, you can record and store up to 250 items (movies, series, etc.) indefinitely, building up your own personal library of your favorite movies, documentaries, series, shows and more to watch whenever you want, as often as you want, forever.

TVMucho hosted by PZAZ

TVMucho.com and PZAZ.tv have joined forces to provide a comprehensive network of integrated services and applications that will better serve you, our valued customers.

From Monday 27th July 2020, your account membership will switch to PZAZ Universal membership. The service and billing agreement, however, will continue with TVMucho SL. Having PZAZ Universal membership means you can access other services with the same account. We assure you that our TVMucho pricing, product and support remain unchanged, and we intend to continue improving our offerings going forward.

PZAZ is similar to ROKU, Apple TV or Amazon, but unlike these providers, PZAZ does not tie you into a contact or require you to buy and install hardware. PZAZ’s TV a-la-carte service allows you to choose from a wide variety of live TV, movies, radio and music. You will notice that the interface, while similar to TVMucho, has been refreshed, incorporating many tweaks to make finding and watching great TV even easier.

*NEW - Free To Air Collective Community Interest Company

We expats and travellers have a legal right to watch the Free To Air (FTA) TV channels broadcast from our home nations. However, the broadcasting industry increasingly views FTA TV as a threat, and is seemingly doing everything within its power to prevent people from watching TV abroad. It's time to make a change and we hope you will support us.

We recently launched the UK-based not-for-profit CIC (Community Interest Company), The FreeToAir Collective, to create a political block to lobby and fight for our rights to receive FTA TV. Select players within the broadcasting Industry are working hard to dismantle FTA TV via satellite, despite being instigated in law in 1993 so that anyone could watch TV from their home nation, wherever they are in the world. If we allow the industry to press ahead unchallenged, soon there will be nothing left but pirate services, which benefits nobody.

Please visit www.freetoair.tv to learn more about your legal rights, sign up as a supporter https://freetoair.tv/sign-up-form/ and help us fight for our right to access public TV channels from our home nations, wherever we are in the world. Our promise; it’s forever free and we will never Spam you. We will, however, keep you up to date on the fight for our right to FTV TV, as well as asking for your opinion on important things relating to FTA TV via an occasional survey. (You can opt out at any time.)

If you have any questions, concerns or remarks about the matters discussed in this email please, do not hesitate to reach out via support@tvmucho.com.

I wish to thank you for your continued support.

Points 48; Position 20
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

^ I guess the main thing from my point of view is that I've always watched TVMucho "Live". Since moving back to the UK, I've had long term site jobs in the likes of Mauritania, Russia, Africa and Europe where (unlike Asia) time differences are minimal, so have never used (or quite frankly was aware of) the "Record" or "Catch-up" functions.

Obviously a big issue/consideration for you guys in Thailand. Not good news for you, as I do rate TVMucho.

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, I too rated TVMucho. In fact the way they have dealt with my displeasure has been excellent- customer service at its best. 11 month's subscription have been refunded to my account, and I am sitting here getting my daily 1 hour fix of Sky News from TVMucho free of charge - a good result.

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

As suggested above, a decent VPN should alleviate all these problems seeking, trying, paying for, and cancelling crappy TV streaming services!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

TVMucho was most definitely not your usual 'crappy TV' service. I won't entertain the likes of HDPrime - I can't watch anything that buffers.

Actually, I'm quite happy now with my free 1 hour dose of TV Mucho, AIS TV and the occasional download. There are numerous quality FREE Thai sites that provide perfect sports viewing. I did consider signing up for Teatime TV, but as it's the same crew who walked away with everybody's Expat TV money, I thought better of it.

I have considered a decent VPN, but at this point in time, I'd be throwing money away. I'm not saying I'll never buy a VPN, but do not have a use for one just yet.

Points 48; Position 20