True Visions Programs

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

True Visions Programs

Post by Nereus »

With all the online options how do these idiots stay in business? Repeat screenings over and over again, some programs that are 10 years or more old, programs with soundtracks other than Thai or English, absolutely ridiculous advertising over and over. Has anyone else suffered the brain dead advertisement for "M Mall"? The girl has to have mental problems!

But the best has to be the following:

On the History Channel,556 a program listed as; "Lionheart, a fascinating biography that focuses on the life and times of Richard 1 of England and the Sultan Saladin". It is listed to run 1hr and 50 mins.

Oh, good thinks me, as I am presently reading a good book about the Knights Templar written by Dan Jones, where there is some mention of the Kings time and Saladin.

BUT NO; the program is about a Chinaman that has set up a conservancy program in Kenya trying to protect Lions!

Actually, it was on last week as well and I did watch part of it waiting for Richard the Lionheart to appear. The exact same episode again tonight! Nothing wrong with what the Chinaman, whom calls himself "Simba", is doing but WTF has it got to do with Richard 1 and Saladin? (His personal name was "Yusuf"; "Salah ad-Din" is a laqab, an honorific epithet, meaning "Righteousness of the Faith".) Oh yes, both mention lions!

:guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Re: True Visions Programs

Post by PeteC »

Yes, it's become a waste of time and money except when they have live sports on. We're going to get rid of it, except for the basic Thai channels, when our yearly subscription ends.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

As you guys know, I was continually angry with True. I switched to AIS for a fraction of the price and haven't stopped smiling. Not the same sports coverage, but outside of that, it's great.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I would also but not available in this area over here. It's either TOT fiber optic for everything, True Satellite dish, or a combination. We have an Amazon Fire Stick which is proving very adequate.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, it's strange. AIS provide a great product at little cost, but even friends here in Hua Hin say its not available in their area
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20