Sulphur smell from tap water

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
Taikka
Amateur
Amateur

Sulphur smell from tap water

Post by Taikka »

Hi everyone,
We stay in Blue Lagoon (next to Sheraton), between HH and Cha Am. Today at about 19.30 the tap water got the strong unpleasant smell - sulphur or something...
Is it typical? Has someone dealt with it? I will inform the reception in the morning, but for what would you recommend for now? Is it unsafe to use this water for washing?
thanks.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Sulphur smell from tap water

Post by Nereus »

Google "sulphur smell in water"

But it may not be what you are smelling. The resort MAY have gone on to a back up ground water supply that smells a bit "earthy". Don't drink it, but washing should be safe enough.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Taikka
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Taikka »

Googled of course, before asking.
The smell appeared only today evening. We are staying here from January this year, and many years before, but only today the smell appeared.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

About 2 or 3 times a year I get that smell in my water. It even comes through the filter. So far the filtered water hasn't made me ill. Maybe the water dept. is putting additional chemicals into the water? I'm not a science person so I don't know if they do that.