Blood pressure medication in Hua Hin

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Blood pressure medication in Hua Hin

Post by Kraka's Dad »

My flight back to UK has been suspended for who knows how long. I will have to get my blood pressure medication renewed. How do I go about doing this please.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
PeteC

Re: Medication

Post by PeteC »

The first thought is that a lot is over the counter here that is not in the West. I would take your bottle or packet into one of the pharmacies and ask if they have it and if you can buy without a prescription.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Re: Blood pressure medication in Hua Hin

Post by Kraka's Dad »

Thanks I will try that.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Further....be receptive to generic brands, or if the pharmacist says "we have it under another name..." that happens a lot and the ingredients are exactly the same. Just match up what you brought with you with what's on the label that they have. :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

You might also find it a lot cheaper here......My blood pressure meds cost B60/ month!
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

What tabs are you looking for?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

Bendroflumothazide diuretic
Valsarten and Doxasocin or something close as I have not got the boxes with me at the moment
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Wow!!! I've never heard of those.

The reason I ask is a friend was here a few months ago and he went to buy his - he was running short, and he was buying to save a dash to his GP when he got home. My meds are very cheap, and I assumed his would be as well. One month's supply would have cost him just over £600 here. He opted for the quick GP visit.

Certainly take your boxes to a 'proper' pharmacy, and if you are asked for stupid money, ask if there are alternatives. My meds were adjusted similarly when I moved here, and I'm doing OK so far :D . If worried, contact your usual GP to check the alternatives will be suitable until you get home.

Points 48; Position 20
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

Thanks
I have asthma as well so can't have betablockers
Also I am allurgic to some other blood pressure tablets 😞
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Kraka's Dad wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:05 pm Bendroflumothazide diuretic
Valsarten and Doxasocin or something close as I have not got the boxes with me at the moment
Bendroflumothazide is not used here. Or so I was told. I used it in the UK and was prescribed Hydrochlorothiazide 25mg instead. I originally lived in Korat when moving here and my original GP, a friend of my other half, said this was fine and I checked with my nephew, a GP in the UK, and he agreed. And it was.

If a chemist or GP agrees, don't buy any, as I have loads and I no longer use them. It was discovered that the tabs I used them with were causing me gout! So I am now on a completely different medicine instead, You're welcome to mine, they expire 14.12.20.

Edit - just seen your asthmatic - me too.
Talk is cheap
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

Please double check on anything that you may be told as well. The internet is your friend and there are plenty of medical websites that can cross reference medications. I say this as I have on far too many occasions checked medicines that have been given to my Thai friends only to find that what have been given is actually contraindicated for the ailment they suffered from.
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

caller wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:30 pm
Kraka's Dad wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:05 pm Bendroflumothazide diuretic
Bendroflumothazide is not used here. Or so I was told. I used it in the UK and was prescribed Hydrochlorothiazide 25mg instead. I originally lived in Korat when moving here and my original GP, a friend of my other half, said this was fine and I checked with my nephew, a GP in the UK, and he agreed. And it was.

If a chemist or GP agrees, don't buy any, as I have loads and I no longer use them. It was discovered that the tabs I used them with were causing me gout! So I am now on a completely different medicine instead, You're welcome to mine, they expire 14.12.20.

Edit - just seen your asthmatic - me too.
Thank you I may take your up on that
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

San Paulo Hospital has my meds Are they to be trusted?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, I think so, but you may pay a premium. I would have tried Fascino in Market Village first - it might save you an arm or a leg.

Points 48; Position 20
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

Big Boy wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:32 pm Yes, I think so, but you may pay a premium. I would have tried Fascino in Market Village first - it might save you an arm or a leg.
Where abouts are they please