Hua Hin bars closed/or reopening?

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Hua Hin bars closed/or reopening?

Post by thecolonel »

Fully appreciate the Binta block area is closed but just wondering if anybody knew where there are bars open near to City eg maybe Soi 94?

For example I have just been to Soi 51 /Nebkaeheardt area and a fair few small bars are open(maybe they are also restaurants, hard to tell) and as such there are only 3 or 4 people in each one(which is clearly a good thing right now)

Anyway if anyone can advise what they know about the alternative bar scene for the next 12 nights, although appreciate they will be quiet and that thats for a good reason!

Cheers(or not as case may be!)

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
Last edited by thecolonel on Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Bars in or near City

Post by HHTel »

Bars are closed. Restaurants stay open. That's the rule. Anyone ignoring it will be fined and/or jailed. Prayut has said that any province where the rule is not enforced, then the governor will be moved.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm just back from the beach, and that is certainly the way it's being interpreted on Soi 94 at the moment. Everywhere very quiet. Of course, those who are there are drinking beer - either finished their food already, or waiting for it to arrive. :laugh:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Anyone know of a restaurant with a pool table..... lol?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Father Teds, El Murphys, Limelight, Sage. However, I read if in these places, you need to be sat at a low table.

Points 48; Position 20
Sabai Jai
Professional
Professional

Post by Sabai Jai »

El Murphy's and Limelight both shut tight yesterday afternoon although there are still places you get a beer in this area but it's fairly ghostly. Father Teds was open with extend happy hours.

Locals are all scared stiff and rumours abound so I will refrain from spreading them here but I think a degree of self isolation may be pertinent.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

..."the next 12 nights"... is being very optimistic. IMO it will be extended for weeks after that unless the numbers begin to drop.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Sabai Jai wrote:El Murphy's and Limelight both shut tight yesterday afternoon although there are still places you get a beer in this area but it's fairly ghostly. Father Teds was open with extend happy hours.

Locals are all scared stiff and rumours abound so I will refrain from spreading them here but I think a degree of self isolation may be pertinent.
Cases are higher than reported? Am I warm?

HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

PeteC wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:59 am ..."the next 12 nights"... is being very optimistic. IMO it will be extended for weeks after that unless the numbers begin to drop.
Agreed. If Prayut has any sense, it will be for weeks after the initial 14 days and will/should be with more closures.

The UK is locked down for the foreseeable future. "All current restrictions will be reviewed in one month!"
Jim
Guru
Guru

Re: Bars in or near city still open?

Post by Jim »

We're out in Soi 6. Are the restaurants in town open or have they closed too? Just fancied a pizza this evening, that's all. Thanks.
ดวงขึ้น
จิม
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Police in action in Soi 94 today at 14:00.ImageImage

YNWA

YNWA
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No idea about Bo Fai, but I saw a couple of pizza places open on Soi 94 last night.

Points 48; Position 20
Jim
Guru
Guru

Post by Jim »

Thanks BB. I was thinking about town centre. We're ok up here so far.
ดวงขึ้น
จิม
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Jim wrote:Thanks BB. I was thinking about town centre. We're ok up here so far.
Jim,

I spotted a few pizza places open last night near to Hilton on the Ocean Road going North one near Victor Hotel one near Selakam, close to the Roma restaurant.( I didn't look to see if new Roma was open)

So yes I'm sure you'll get a pizza Image

Jim
Guru
Guru

Post by Jim »

Happy to report that most restaurants appear to be open still. As quiet as October, but open. And thanks, we had a really nice pizza.
ดวงขึ้น
จิม