Flying to/from Thailand (Covid Era)

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
buksida

Re: Flying to/from Thailand, latest updates

Post by buksida »

TM 6 immigration forms shelved for now at airports
The government will temporarily halt the need for international passengers to fill out TM 6 immigration forms to ease passenger congestion at international airports.

Prime Minister and Defence Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said after a cabinet meeting on Tuesday this would reduce the process for foreign visitors as they were already required to fill out many forms upon arrival. It will also help alleviate congestion as international arrival numbers have increased, he added.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... t-airports
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Let's see how long "Temporary" is? Copies of your TM6 is asked for here when doing all Immigration routines, and those long term expats who arrive during this window who won't be carrying one in their Passport may short circuit the system.

It would be good if they stamped your passport that you were admitted without requiring one.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

At the moment, you need to give the relevant information to get the Thai Pass, so presumably immigration are using that instead.
For me it would be better to have a similar system in the future where you give the information electronically in advance rather than fill out a form on arrival which is all a bit last century and it also saves the authorities having to file millions bits of paper.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

also saves the authorities having to file millions bits of paper.
I don't think that's ever been a problem. The skips are emptied daily!!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

There’s an article from the Pattaya Mail suggesting that the Thailand Pass will be dropped from 1st July but they intend to keep the minimum $10k insurance - that’ll go down well with tourists!!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

As a ball park figure, how much does this $10K insurance cost per visitor?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Ball park, depending on age and length of stay, From 700 up to 3+k/baht.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

sateeb wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:06 pm Ball park, depending on age and length of stay, From 700 up to 3+k/baht.
Just a thought. For many of us length of stay is irrelevant. Take the shortest term possible to get in and then we are here like we've always been. :D

I have read nothing that insurance coverage is checked as part of the process for visa extensions, not yet anyway.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

/\ Maybe, or would the IO note our visa expiry date and do the math?
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

The Pattaya Mail story. It's all still a big if.

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/ ... ass-401301
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Another point is that with usually 0 to 3 unvaccinated arrivals testing positive per day, we arriving foreigners need protection from infected Thais. I'm starting to turn blue from suggesting that. :banghead:

The Thai government should be providing insurance for free to protect foreign arrivals. Obviously of course they still don't have confidence in their vaccination programs and compliance with established Covid protocols by their own population.

You want our damn money, bloody earn it!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, as I thought - thanks guys. This is the kind of uncertainty that will stop me from travelling.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

It’s not necessarily the cost of the insurance, it’s the fact that travel would still not be free of restrictions, so a %age of tourists will continue to look elsewhere - plus as Pete mentioned, this is still speculation and not yet confirmed as policy, but knowing the authorities, they just don’t seem to want to let go, so it’s probably a good bet!!
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

I easily managed to enter Suvarnabhumi with my Thailand Pass (QR code printed on paper). Strange that they also asked for the vaccination certificate, although this information is already in the Thailand Pass. Something weird: I have a TM6 form left that I fill in before I travel. I use the form I get on the plane for my next trip. The lady who checked the Thailand passport saw that I had 2 TM6 forms and told me that it was forbidden to take the blank form home. I told her I'd done it like 100 times before, she wasn't impressed. Then I gave up and handed her the blank form. I have 2 more at my home. Check of Thailand Pass and Immigration in less than 5 minutes.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Anyone flown out of Bangkok on Eva Air recently? Do you need a PCR test beforehand?
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson