Wednesday closing of beaches

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Stargeezer
Professional
Professional

Wednesday closing of beaches

Post by Stargeezer »

I have not seen the army cleaning the beaches in Hua Hin, or in Jomtien Beah area
of Pattaya, since I came to Thailand on January 5th. When is The government, TAT, or
the Army top leader going to change this rule that was imposed on the beach vendors?
Pluto is my favorite planet!, especially now that we all can see close up
pictures of it.
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Wednesday closing of beaches

Post by caller »

They clean their own beaches. I wasn't aware of any rule they were to clean others?
Talk is cheap
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I think back in 2015 or whenever the beach reorganization began, the Army stepped in and did a lot of cleaning and removing encroaching structures. Not just Hua Hin but in many places.

The ban on beach hut restaurants and sun bed encampments I think is still in effect, at least in high profile places like Phuket and perhaps Pattaya. Many other places seem to be back in business like before, just on a smaller scale.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Gus
Guru
Guru

Post by Gus »

I know from chatting to a few beach vendors that they are struggling to make a living these days, and closing on Wednesdays does not help matters.
I asked one vendor how much a sun bed and mattress cost to buy and it was quite expensive.
It would appear that there is no shortage of people wanting to purchase a pitch on the beach so it cannot be too bad.
The beach is cleaner near to the Hilton beach area now people are not supposed to smoke.