Moo Baan questions

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Moo Baan questions

Post by migrant »

So we are looking at houses and came across one in a moo baan.

Never been part of one so have questions to the members here.

The house is 8 years old, the developers house, and in good shape so no problems there. It has everything we are looking for but the moo baan is barely making it.

He obviously has money problems. More than half the plots are not built upon, and in this housing market I don't expect much soon.

So far common areas, pools, garden areas, etc, are in good shape but due to not many residents the common area charges are high. Not unbearable for us for the price we would get the house and our long term budget but;

What happens if the developer goes tits up? Obviously the residents must ban together and run the moo baan hoping everyone can agree.

I know from experience in the states that running a community is a pain but what legal rights do tenants have if the developer goes bankrupt?

What experiences have you had?
Thanks!!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Moo Baan questions

Post by Nereus »

Obviously the residents must ban together and run the moo baan hoping everyone can agree.
A Moo Bahn is similar to a Condominium as far is running common areas are concerned. It doesn't work in the complex where I have two Condominiums, and there are clearly defined laws under the Condominium Act!
No idea about Moo Bahn's, but when two or more Thais are involved, it is their own pocket that comes first, not any consideration for anybody else!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Moo Baan questions

Post by caller »

migrant wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:45 pm
The house is 8 years old, the developers house, and in good shape so no problems there. It has everything we are looking for but the moo baan is barely making it.

He obviously has money problems. More than half the plots are not built upon, and in this housing market I don't expect much soon.

So far common areas, pools, garden areas, etc, are in good shape but due to not many residents the common area charges are high.
I just made a rule, (which I nearly ignored!), to buy in a completed, or nearly completed development and one preferably where the developer had left it to the residents to run their own affairs. That wasn't too hard to find and I saw many similar ones.
Talk is cheap