Question for Smokers Who Travel to Thailand

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
RCer
Ace
Ace

Question for Smokers Who Travel to Thailand

Post by RCer »

Was looking at the rules about bringing smokes to Thailand, it says 200 cigs is the limit.

Anyone tried bringing more?
RCer
Ace
Ace

Re: Question for Smokers Who Travel to Thailand

Post by RCer »

Thought this was better under Legal because it deals with Customs and Immigration.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Customs allowances are:

200 cigarettes, or no more than 500 grams of smoking tobacco
One liter of spirits / wine / malt liquor.
Up to 10,000 Baht worth of cosmetics, perfume, soaps, toothpaste, and other personal effects – assuming these are for personal use only
Film: a reasonable amount for personal use

which is pretty similar to most other countries.

There have been people caught bringing in extra cigarettes etc. However, even with the latest tax increases on cigarettes in Thailand, they are still cheaper than most countries. With cigarettes being relatively cheap here, it's really not worth bringing more.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

It's a customs crapshoot. They check so few bags your chances are pretty good, but not 100%
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

"Film: a reasonable amount for personal use"....

That kind of indicates how long ago the regs were written. :?

I mentioned in the past that when I was smoking I could tell a world of difference between cigarettes sold here and I guess made here or in the Philippines, and those produced under different standards in the west. Quality of tobacco, amount of filler used...I have no idea. They just tasted better. I can understand completely why RCer may want to bring in as many as he can.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

PeteC wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:05 am "Film: a reasonable amount for personal use"....

That kind of indicates how long ago the regs were written. :?

I mentioned in the past that when I was smoking I could tell a world of difference between cigarettes sold here and I guess made here or in the Philippines, and those produced under different standards in the west. Quality of tobacco, amount of filler used...I have no idea. They just tasted better. I can understand completely why RCer may want to bring in as many as he can.
Yup, plus more than 2 puffs long.