Airport duty free shops

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Airport duty free shops

Post by oakdale160 »

Whata joke.I remember when they started it was a huge bonus, booze at less than half price. Today, they are 'protected" as you cant buy in town and take on board as security will not allow it.The prices are usually about 10% less than in local shops.
I never buy it, the trouble of carrying it and the risk of breaking makes it unattractive.
In the UK, the total taxes on a bottle of Skotch is OVER 10 pounds. The Skotch before taxes costs Less than 3 pounds,
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Re: Airport duty free shops

Post by STEVE G »

The only time I've bought anything from one for years was the last time I flew out of Thailand and that was only to beat the election booze ban that was in force on that day!
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

I always by a bottle of Sangsom, wrap it snugly in clothes that I wouldn't be devistated about losing, and sling it in my checked luggage. I've never once had a breakage.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Pleng wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:44 pm I always by a bottle of Sangsom, wrap it snugly in clothes that I wouldn't be devistated about losing, and sling it in my checked luggage. I've never once had a breakage.
:agree:

:cheers: :cheers: