Public School start date for 2019-2020 year

Discussion on schools, colleges, universities, educational facilities, teaching, and learning resources for adults and children.
RegularGuy
Rookie
Rookie

Public School start date for 2019-2020 year

Post by RegularGuy »

We are moving to Hua Hin at the beginning of May 2019. We have a Thai child that we need to enroll in public school for the 2019-2020 year. He is 5 years old and going into his second year nursery school.

Does anyone know what the start date is, this coming May?
I want to make sure we are settled into a rental home so we can get him registered prior to start date.

Also, he only speaks Thai and I would like him to learn some English. Are there any private school options available in Hua Hin for him. Looking for possible suggestions even if after school weekend classes etc.

Thanks in advance
Big Boy

Re: Public School start date for 2019-2020 year

Post by Big Boy »

This link might help with holidays https://whichschooladvisor.com/thailand ... ys-in-2019 .

I think you need to clarify 'Public School'. Where I come from, that is probably the most expensive type of school there is - is that what you mean?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

That seems to be the International School schedule. To my knowledge the normal Thai school year starts right after the Songkran holidays.

If the op is speaking American, a public school is a normal government subsidized school where tuition is generally free.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, that's why I asked for clarification.

This is the Hua Hin International School calendar http://www.huahinschool.com/calendar/
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

I want to make sure we are settled into a rental home so we can get him registered prior to start date.
I am long past having to worry about this, but there maybe a clue in the above. At the time that I was involved it was only Government Schools that required a pupil to registered in each "catchment" area. All the others just needed a much bigger bank account!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Posting on behalf of the OP who put his reply in the wrong place.

"Yes, I am American. I did mean Government school.
My understanding that the new school year starts around mid May."
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I can find nothing for 2019 Thai schools but the start date is normally May 16 or 17th.

Hopefully someone with a child in a school in Hua Hin will be able to post something more specific for this year.

Information about English language education is available at the following link: http://www.huahinschool.com