New retirement visa rule - show 800k every 3 months

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: New retirement visa rule - show 800k every 3 months

Post by HHTel »

To qualify for your extension renewal it's always been based upon the last 12 months. Monthly income as well as seasoning money in the bank. Why would it be any different??
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

T.O.M. wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:26 am As for your second part...How can sketchy brokers get away with their scams without equally sketchy immigration officers being involved...??
From what I've been reading the new Commander of Immigration is dead set on eliminating both. I wish him luck.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

From what I've read, they are often one and the same :run:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
malcolminthemiddle
Guru
Guru

Post by malcolminthemiddle »

These graphics illustrate the necessary bank balance for a successful application for an extension on the basis of the new criteria.
New Visa Criteria.jpg
New Visa Criteria.jpg (48.95 KiB) Viewed 642 times
They illustrate that the earliest date for an application for an extension on the basis of the new criteria is the 1st March 2020.

They also show that in addition to the 400K top up, additional funds for living expenses are needed during months 1 -3 (when the 800K is tied up) and later during months 4 - 12 should 400K not be enough.

They also show why only a financial check by immigration at the end of the qualifying period would show whether the criteria had been met.

I hope these help to provide some clarity.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Ahem! Your first graphic for a first application should only show months 11 and 12. There was no previous application to base the earlier figures (months 1 to 11).

It's really quite simple but some of us are interpreting it as quite complex!
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

I shall go the marriage route and show 40,000 income per month from early 2020 -am off to do 90 day 2moro - if I need an initial 2 month balance so be it. Thereafter relative plain sailing as I shall transfer from our Thai bank joint account 40,000 per month
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
T.O.M.
Banned
Banned

Post by T.O.M. »

PET wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:59 pm I shall go the marriage route and show 40,000 income per month from early 2020 -am off to do 90 day 2moro - if I need an initial 2 month balance so be it. Thereafter relative plain sailing as I shall transfer from our Thai bank joint account 40,000 per month
If using the income route, I believe the money has to come from overseas...?
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

Amazing how something so simple can garner so many posts.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

T.O.M. wrote:
PET wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:59 pm I shall go the marriage route and show 40,000 income per month from early 2020 -am off to do 90 day 2moro - if I need an initial 2 month balance so be it. Thereafter relative plain sailing as I shall transfer from our Thai bank joint account 40,000 per month
If using the income route, I believe the money has to come from overseas...?
I don't think that's true in the case of marriage. At least it wasn't when I did it. Quite a while ago though.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Sometime next week, after the chaos of moving offices has settled, I'll go to immigration and ask them what the rules are for marriage visas. I.E. Can money from a joint bank acct. be transferred to an acct. in my name, for living expenses? Can I have money transferred twice a year rather than monthly? And anything else I can think of between now and then. The guessing and speculation is getting out of hand.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Good luck, I was made to feel like something they'd just scraped off the bottom of their shoe when I tried to get some answers. Problem was I chose a day when there was top brass in town, and they were too busy taking selfies with the big boss (Big Joke???) to talk about irrelevant stuff like Immigration. TIT - work or selfie? Selfie will win everytime :?

I think the truth is, as the article states, they're just as confused as the rest of us. Rather than lose face by giving false information, it was easier to hide behind a selfie screen.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

I find it amusing that since Thailand announced it is going to enforce existing retirement visa laws, there is so much chatter about it in various forums.

Reminds me of what would happen if the US Government were to announce it was going disarm known criminals.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

OK I went to Immigration today for 90 day- nice new place and in/out 10mins
As promised I asked my question about the marriage visa, firstly was there any change from 1st March and was told NO. It was either 400,000 in a Thai Bank a/c in your name seasoned for 2 months or pay 40,000 monthly with new funds from overseas.I particularly asked if these 40,000 monthly payments could come from my funds already in Thailand and was told NO -'' use them for the 400,000'' So have to bring new funds into Thailand. Of course if FX rates improve could send out of Thailand and bring back later. The 400,000 or any other minimum amount, does not need to stay in your account after the extension is approved.
With the Retirement extension the 800,000 needs to be seasoned for 2 months before and continue for 3 months after. I did not ask about the minimum of 400,000 thereafter, because I forgot as I am not intending to use the retirement extension next year
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
T.O.M.
Banned
Banned

Post by T.O.M. »

^^
Finally something direct from the horse's mouth.
Most importantly....If going the income route...no matter if the extension is based on marriage or retirement...the funds have to come from overseas.
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

And what anyone was told TODAY will apply TODAY for that particular IO and there is a very good chance that it will not apply tomorrow or next week/month and it might well not have any thing to do with the IO at the next desk or the next province might decide.

It's early days folks. Cheers!