Tree cutting and electric cables

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
brianhuahin
Amateur
Amateur

Tree cutting and electric cables

Post by brianhuahin »

I have a tree growing through electricity cables that feed the meter. I belive that these cables are the responsibility of the Provincial Electricity Authority (PEA). Will they arrange for the cutting of the trees and if so any idea if I pay or they do.
In the event that the PEA will not trim can any one suggest a qualified contractor. I think it would be appropriate that he has previous experience and is adequately insured.

Regards
Brian
T.O.M.
Banned
Banned

Re: Tree cutting and electric cables

Post by T.O.M. »

Talk to PEA....They will do it.....it is in their interest....BUT you will have to pay for the service
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

It may be best to go with PEA. As far as I know there are no "contactors" here, just men with machetes who hack away at the trees until the limbs fall off. Every time I've had it done they've left a mess and the trees looked ugly until they grew back, which doesn't take long in the tropics.
Abbynormal
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Abbynormal »

That’s the same way PEA does it. Look at the trees opposite Cafe99. Some branches aren’t even cut all the way through- just left hanging.