Electricity and Water Charges

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
lomuamart

Re: Electricity and Water Charges

Post by lomuamart »

Has anyone received what they think is a discounted electricity bill yet?

We got this month's recently and there doesn't seem to be any indication of reverting to February's bill and adding 50% of any increase over that for extra units used. There is a deduction of 3% which might relate to a discount the government were offering a while ago, I think.

A family member says that this bill should be paid in full and then the electricity people will make adjustments next month. Does anyone know if this is correct?
buksida

Post by buksida »

Yeah, our April bill was massive but there was a 3% discount, we've already paid it so are expecting the reduction to come on next month's bill.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

We called into the Electricity office last week to pay the latest bill and were advised to come back after 30th April, by which time they should be able to provide the refunds for previous months - they didn’t take this months bill.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

OK, thanks. That pretty much agrees with what family are telling us. Our bill isn't payable until 3rd May so I'll decide whether to pay up at a 7-11 and wait for a rebate next month or go to the office after the 30th.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm not sure if this is related.

One day last week my daughter-in-law asked if I'd claimed our electricity money back. When I said no, she duly got her phone out, and made some calculations. She then announced we were owed 2,000฿. She said we'd only get it if we applied, and because of Covid, it had to be done online. She did everything for us, but because the account is in Mrs BB's name, the money will go straight into her bank account, at which point I lost interest.

Anyway, it seems the refund is on its way - confirmation received from PEA.

My daughter is doing something similar for her house in Roi Et, but she will only get 300฿
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Big Boy wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:49 am I'm not sure if this is related.

One day last week my daughter-in-law asked if I'd claimed our electricity money back. When I said no, she duly got her phone out, and made some calculations. She then announced we were owed 2,000฿. She said we'd only get it if we applied, and because of Covid, it had to be done online. She did everything for us, but because the account is in Mrs BB's name, the money will go straight into her bank account, at which point I lost interest.

Anyway, it seems the refund is on its way - confirmation received from PEA.

My daughter is doing something similar for her house in Roi Et, but she will only get 300฿
I think that is to do with the meter deposit. The plan is to refund ALL meter deposits.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Wow!!! You mean there's more? Thailand just keeps on giving :D
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Big Boy wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:58 am Wow!!! You mean there's more? Thailand just keeps on giving :D
Maybe, but in typical Thai logic it seems that you have to apply for it. Why the hell not avoid ALL the involved paper work and just credit each account?

Recently been through a change of name with a Condo account. First I had to pay another 2,000 Baht "deposit", then the old deposit would eventually be sent to my daughters name that the account was previously in.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

In our area they're not refunding all types of meters. We control two other houses that have a 5(15)A (2000 baht deposit) and a 15(45)A (6,000 baht deposit), those were refunded. The meter retail cost currently if you replace yourself is about 400 Baht each. Our main house has a Mitsubishi 30(100)A 3-phase (20,000 + - baht deposit) which retails at about 6,000 baht. The deposit for that one they are not refunding. :banghead:

Note: Of course the deposit is not just for the cost of replacing a meter, but also if the user takes off without paying the electric bill for a few months.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Must admit that I'm still totally confused about these electricty discounts due to Covid.

I paid the bill this morning and received no reduction - I was partly prepared for this from speaking to my wife yesterday. From a rough calculation, comparing the bill to previous months, I reckon the amount is about right for our usage.

However, my wife tells me that our meter is such that we're not eligible for a discount. It's a "business meter" and was put in years ago when the small development we rent on was built.

Does this make any sense to those who understand the intricacies of the electric system here?
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

lomuamart wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 10:03 am Must admit that I'm still totally confused about these electricty discounts due to Covid.

I paid the bill this morning and received no reduction - I was partly prepared for this from speaking to my wife yesterday. From a rough calculation, comparing the bill to previous months, I reckon the amount is about right for our usage.

However, my wife tells me that our meter is such that we're not eligible for a discount. It's a "business meter" and was put in years ago when the small development we rent on was built.

Does this make any sense to those who understand the intricacies of the electric system here?
Yes, if it is listed as a "business meter" that is correct.
My latest bill for my Condo came already adjusted down, so it won't happen where you pay the bill even if you do qualify.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

We went to pay the bill on Tuesday at the Cha Am PEA office and were told to come back on the 15th, so we’ve still not paid last months bill or know how much rebate we are due - maybe this time next week?
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

My wife called PEA and they told her to not pay last months bill, it will be recalculated next month. I guess it depends on who you talk to, just like immigration.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Well, as expected this big discount they've promised is another lie. Our May bill is only 200 baht less than the April one. So much for charging us what we had in February (which was at least 30% less) - thanks for nothing.

What they appear to have done is discounted the units used, not the price, knowing that people will still be using more this, the hottest month of the year, and getting caught out on their sliding scale scam hence paying pretty much the same.

:guns:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 10:45 am We went to pay the bill on Tuesday at the Cha Am PEA office and were told to come back on the 15th, so we’ve still not paid last months bill or know how much rebate we are due - maybe this time next week?
Our readjusted bill came down by about 600 Baht - 3900+ to 3300+ better than nothing I suppose!!