TV remote control repair

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

TV remote control repair

Post by handdrummer »

Can a remote control be repaired and if so, is there someone who can do it?
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: TV remote control repair

Post by StevePIraq »

Anything can be repaired but is it worth it, replacement TV remote control can be bought from Big Kiang
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Get the part number off the remote, then get one from the night market (or Big Kiang, but I don't live in HH). I just got one for a Toshiba TV from Amorn Electronic store in Bangkok, cost just over 100 baht.
Don't forget to test it when you buy it by putting in some batteries and aiming it at your smart phone camera. You should see the LED light up as phone cameras can pick up IR..
วินเชนท์
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Thanks, to both of you.
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

If you don't wish to run around town too much and end up with Don't have responses you may be able to find either a generic or replacement remote on lazada for a reasonable price. ( see link below)

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=Tv+ ... 23e58JhSjM
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Bluesky wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:58 pm If you don't wish to run around town too much and end up with Don't have responses you may be able to find either a generic or replacement remote on lazada for a reasonable price. ( see link below)

https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=Tv+ ... 23e58JhSjM
Thanks Bluesky, I don't mind going to Big Kang and I don't like using a credit card. I don't bills.