Attaching a document to a HHF post

Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
PET
Legend
Legend

Attaching a document to a HHF post

Post by PET »

I want to attach a copy of a document to a post I have made on the HHF - how do I do this please?
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
buksida

Re: Attaching a document to a HHF post

Post by buksida »

It is located below the post window.

Only images are allowed though.

attachment.jpg
attachment.jpg (47.62 KiB) Viewed 1793 times
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

My POST WINDOW is not the same.
It just has POST REPLY with some boxes , one with spanner ( Topic Tools) - perhaps I have old software !!
Nothing about Options or Attachments
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
buksida

Post by buksida »

The software is the same for everyone. Make sure you are using 'Post Reply' via the button, and not 'Quick Reply' via the white box below the last post.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PET
Legend
Legend

Re: Some Bangkok Embassies to stop Certification of Income Letters

Post by PET »

PET wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:45 am I have just been to HH Immigration for my 90 day and took the opportunity of asking the lady about the annual extension as she mentioned that mine was due in February.
I started by saying that I had heard that HH Immigration did not like doing the marriage type of visa because it was more work as it had to be sent to Bangkok for processing. I told her that whilst I already had the funds in Thailand over 800,000 I still wanted to go the Thai marriage route. She just smiled. I asked her if she had a notice explaining the requirements for applying for a visa extension to support a Thai wife. She went into the computer and studied something for some time and then handed me a document in English explaining all the requirements, but added that it did not state a family photo and I should include this.
I am going to try and attach a scan of this document , if successful it will be below!!
FAILED, Sorry
I have tried to attach the letter but am told 'File is too large" it is only one page?
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

buksida wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:15 pm The software is the same for everyone. Make sure you are using 'Post Reply' via the button, and not 'Quick Reply' via the white box below the last post.
Yes that's it, but it sais the 'File is too large" and its only one page of quarto?
buksida

Post by buksida »

Only images can be uploaded and they must be 200kb or less.

Your document has probably already been posted in the marriage visa thread.
PeteC

Re: Some Bangkok Embassies to stop Certification of Income Letters

Post by PeteC »

Go to:

http://www.shrinkpictures.com

1) Choose the file off your computer
2) Tick "custom" and put in the number 999
3) Leave as is
4) Tick "Best"

Hit RESIZE, download what you get, and attach that image.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

buksida wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:36 pm Only images can be uploaded and they must be 200kb or less.

Your document has probably already been posted in the marriage visa thread.
Well that's the reason it is 276kb - I really wanted others to see how easy it is and providing you show that paper with all the docs required then it should be OK - I'm a glass half full guy!
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Just a side note. In 2018 this forum should have an easier way of attaching files. It is just too much hassle to go to editors or online image editors to do resizing etc. The forum software should take care of this when attaching files. Also other files than images should be allowed like pdf or office files. The whole forums seems a bit outdated on these issues if you ask me.
YNWA