Is dog repellent spray for sale in Thailand, can it be carried in checked luggage?

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Re: Is dog repellent spray for sale in Thailand, can it be carried in checked luggage?

Post by NOKYAI »

The old trick of bending down to pretend to pick up a stone usually stops them in their tracks!

I have tried some sonic apps on the tablet played through amp and speakers to disperse Soi dogs but the opposite happened and I had a pack barking outside my gate!
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Is dog repellent spray for sale in Thailand, can it be carried in checked luggage?

Post by Takiap »

Big Boy wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:00 am I honestly don't understand what the problem is. I've fended up to 10 dogs off regularly with torchlight. I used to walk the beach every night for about 5 years, and never failed to stop any aggression with a torch (and walking 3 dogs, there was a lot of territorial aggression shown towards my dogs). Sticks, chemical sprays etc - all overkill in my opinion.
The question is, will a torchlight work during the day? :D
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No, but the OP was talking about evening walking.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

Big Boy wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:29 am No, but the OP was talking about evening walking.
He referred to a situation that happened one evening. There's a possibility, however, he'd like a solution that works during the day time as well?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've responded to the situation quoted.

Points 48; Position 20
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Big Boy wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:29 am No, but the OP was talking about evening walking.
So it all depends on the local definition of "evening". :rasta:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

My evening walks soon descend into darkness. The torch is only for the protection of the other dogs - if they got too close, my rottweiler would rip them to shreds. In daylight, show no fear - they'll soon pass by. Panic, and they're likely to attack.

It the OP needs a physical deterrent to show the dogs, then my opinion is all dogs recognise a stick, and know that a stick means pain. Certainly I wouldn't want to be in the situation where a vicious dog was so close that I could use a chemical spray effectively. If the dog is that close, there's a good chance it will strike before it feels the chemicals.

Points 48; Position 20
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

In daylight, show no fear - they'll soon pass by. Panic, and they're likely to attack.
Yes that is absolutely correct. Dogs have an inbuilt ability to smell fear from ANY other animal!
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Hua Hin is one of the country's premiere beach resorts. There shouldn't be a bloody problem caused by dogs threatening people on the beaches and streets any longer. The bottom line is that the Thesaban needs to do their job and solve any remaining problem. Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Actually, the problem on the beach isn't as bad as it used to be a few years back. Most of the dogs are actually pets. Owned by beach workers during the day, or from beachfront properties, allowed to roam at night. My experience is the few soi/beach dogs are not a problem.

[Edit] I'm just thinking, use chemicals during the day against somebody's pet, and you might need a second can for use against the owner :shock:

Points 48; Position 20
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Nereus wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:04 pm
In daylight, show no fear - they'll soon pass by. Panic, and they're likely to attack.
Yes that is absolutely correct. Dogs have an inbuilt ability to smell fear from ANY other animal!
Many years ago, I was sat outside a bar in Poonsuk waiting for a friend who had a fear of the local soi dogs. There was a great commotion from down the street and he appeared running at the head of a pack of dogs and then, much to my amusement, a small boy from the taxi stand opposite, who looked to be about four, chased them back down the road with a cane that was slightly larger than a chopstick!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

:lach: :thumb:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source