Tessebahn Car Park

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Big Boy

Tessebahn Car Park

Post by Big Boy »

Is it open?

When driving past this morning, the car in front of me pulled into the new car park (using Yellow Book entrance). Quite surprised, I looked in, and must have seen about 50 motorcycles parked inside.

There is no signposting that I've noticed, and I've seen no announcement anywhere.

So what is the status? Is it open to the public, or is it another facility for the privileged? If the later, its good to see the Tessebahn spending their money so wisely, when the road to Black Mountain resembles the surface of the moon.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Tessebahn Car Park

Post by Nereus »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:23 pm Is it open?

When driving past this morning, the car in front of me pulled into the new car park (using Yellow Book entrance). Quite surprised, I looked in, and must have seen about 50 motorcycles parked inside.

There is no signposting that I've noticed, and I've seen no announcement anywhere.

So what is the status? Is it open to the public, or is it another facility for the privileged? If the later, its good to see the Tessebahn spending their money so wisely, when the road to Black Mountain resembles the surface of the moon.
Don't know about the "public", but when I asked the girl in the bookshop last week she told me it is open.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've just read the car park opened on 1 Oct. It is open Monday to Friday from 08:30 until 16:30 and offers free parking for 350 cars.

It is stated as being for Tessebahn users, but how would they know?

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

350 cars having business in the Tessabahn is somewhat overstated methinks.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Wasn't it supposed to also open at weekends for the weekend visitors to town?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

That's sensible, so I doubt it :run:

Points 48; Position 20
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Where is it?
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

They've built it on the site of the old car park. The old entrance used to be up the same road as Citin Loft (or whatever its called this week). The exit used to be by the Yellow Bookshop. The car I saw enter a few days ago was by the Yellow Bookshop, but he had Bangkok plates, so could have just been doing it the Thai way :shock:

Points 48; Position 20
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:10 pm They've built it on the site of the old car park. The old entrance used to be up the same road as Citin Loft (or whatever its called this week). The exit used to be by the Yellow Bookshop. The car I saw enter a few days ago was by the Yellow Bookshop, but he had Bangkok plates, so could have just been doing it the Thai way :shock:
Thanks BB - I never knew where the old one was but easily sorted with google maps. Next time I'm down that way, I'll have a look.
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've looked each time I've passed - I haven't seen any signage and I don't know where the entrance is.

Points 48; Position 20
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Big Boy wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:29 pm I've looked each time I've passed - I haven't seen any signage and I don't know where the entrance is.
Hmm, so a car park with no entrance, but only an exit! Sounds creepy to me and best avoided! Maybe it needs hunting down on foot?
Talk is cheap
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Big Boy wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:29 pm I've looked each time I've passed - I haven't seen any signage and I don't know where the entrance is.
Hmm, so a car park with no entrance, but only an exit! Sounds creepy to me and best avoided! Maybe it needs hunting down on foot?
Well, I have always entered from the road going up to the station railway, next to the Tessabahn building. I suppose that is still possible. And then I used to come out either way, past the book shop, or that ridiculous narrow road on the south side. ( don't know why this wont post properly :? )
Last edited by Nereus on Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

There is also another entrance / exit on to Petchkasem Rd between the row of shops and the Tessabahn building, closer to the traffic lights. It used to be always blocked up with parked cars, but during the new construction it became the exit. No idea what state it is now.
Also, I have never seen any signs denoting entry or exit to the old open car park.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

HaHa where would the Somtam and lottery ticket sellers go?

Seriously, that was certainly a way to the old multi-storey, which is still there of course, and I guess you could still get in and out that way, but I can't really see it being man enough for a new 350 car facility. However, I don't know.

Points 48; Position 20
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Nereus wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:40 pm
Well, I have always entered from the road going up to the station railway, next to the Tessabahn building. I suppose that is still possible. And then I used to come out either way, past the book shop, or that ridiculous narrow road on the south side. ( don't know why this wont post properly :? )
I'm pretty sure I saw an entrance into the new car park that way when I was there a couple of weeks ago but I thought it was government facility so I didn't pay much attention at the time, it would be useful if it's open to the public.