Property developer corruption in Hua Hin

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
hidinginhin
Amateur
Amateur

Property developer corruption in Hua Hin

Post by hidinginhin »

I have recently been informed that a number of developments have been told that the chinoots have been falsified and that the land that their villas have been built upon are in fact still part of government land. A lucky few have got genuine paperwork but the vast majority have been given falsified documents. This scam goes from top to bottom. The new regime is not in the mood to be generous and issue the correct paperwork. Affected persons have been approaching the highest levels of regional government and elected officials. To date to no avail.
I suggest anyone thinking of purchasing a villa on a complex which seems to be at a very reasonable price get the lawyers to check with the land registry office to confirm that everything is in order. A suspect a few unlucky owners will be looking to pass this problem along. A falang name has cropped up but I am unwilling to name names or identify complexes affected.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: developer corruption

Post by StevePIraq »

That is why you should ALWAYS use a reputable lawyer for land or house purchases. They perform a "Title Search and House Inspection Report"
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

The Land Office has the highest corruption/bribes in Thailand. It has been reported several times.

So just checking with the Land Office may not be enough.
T.O.M.
Banned
Banned

Post by T.O.M. »

Sounds like a bar stool story to me....
In all my years here I have never heard about falsified chanote's in the Hua Hin area..
And in general I have the finger on the pulse...
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

T.O.M. wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:54 pm In all my years here I have never heard about falsified chanote's in the Hua Hin area..
I don't know if this is a chanote story. However, not long after the current regime had taken over there was a lot of commotion off Soi 88, regarding a resort that had been built on army (I think) land. There were troops and helicopters involved - it also featured on Thai TV news. The resort stayed closed for a couple of years, but I guess somebody has found the right paperwork, and it's opened now.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

HHTel wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:41 pm The Land Office has the highest corruption/bribes in Thailand. It has been reported several times.

Confirmed we had to pay Tea Money today.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
hidinginhin
Amateur
Amateur

Post by hidinginhin »

As I said top to bottom. Tea money included. Maybe there is no real way of finding out the truth with so many involved. This is no bar stool bollocks. I have no axe to grind, no hidden agenda. The persons who own these properties are understandably very worried and do not want the publicity at this stage. They hope to do this privately or a whole load of baht may be lost.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Beware, I had a lawyer look at the contract, he made a few changes--I signed--the contract that I signed was NOT the one that the lawyer had approved.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

StevePIraq wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:18 pm
HHTel wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:41 pm The Land Office has the highest corruption/bribes in Thailand. It has been reported several times.

Confirmed we had to pay Tea Money today.
An insider (relative of my lawyer) said a few years ago that around 4 million baht goes under the table. I can't remember whether it was per day or week. Either way, it's a huge amount of dirty money.
hidinginhin
Amateur
Amateur

Post by hidinginhin »

Why has my post been moved? It.s buried in the wrong area moderators? This is big news which is being hidden. I guess you guys are scared too? I f ing hope your anonimity protocals are in place. The guy I know does not know I know. It is in no ones interest to publicise this FUBAR.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Your post was removed from a forum described as:
Help us improve the forum! Make a suggestion for the board or ask questions here. This area is also for forum announcements.
It was moved to a forum where it is more likely to receive a response.

:offtopic:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

Trust nobody. Always went to the land office myself (wife that is), to verify the Chanotes prior to purchasing. That's just common sense.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

hidinginhin wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:04 am Why has my post been moved? It.s buried in the wrong area moderators? This is big news which is being hidden. I guess you guys are scared too? I f ing hope your anonimity protocals are in place. The guy I know does not know I know. It is in no ones interest to publicise this FUBAR.
The topic is in the property section where it belongs as it is regarding property developers and title deeds. It has had over 500 views since the topic started yesterday so we would hardly call that 'hidden'.

Hoewever, just to remind you that without a police report naming individuals and companies is forbidden under Thai slander laws.

:offtopic:
T.O.M.
Banned
Banned

Post by T.O.M. »

hidinginhin wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:04 am Why has my post been moved? It.s buried in the wrong area moderators? This is big news which is being hidden. I guess you guys are scared too? I f ing hope your anonimity protocals are in place. The guy I know does not know I know. It is in no ones interest to publicise this FUBAR.
"The guy I know does not know I know"
All part of the big conspiracy?
"This is big news"
That only you and your fellow co-conspirators know about?
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Re: Property developer corruption in Hua Hin

Post by PBbeacher »

Is 'chanote' here being used as a blanket term for title deed?
The surprising majority of well-known foreign developments in Hua Hin are on Nor Sor Sam Kor title deed, not chanote.
I can only think of 2 or 3 large foreign developments that are ongoing and have chanote title deed.

Too bad the OP can't mention any details that might give a clue as to where these places are, it's an interesting post, but would be a more useful post if he could.