Borderless Account of Transferwise (WISE)

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
buksida

Re: Borderless Account of Transferwise

Post by buksida »

Cheers guys, good info. Looks like a good backup option then, will open an account using the VPN and UK address/ID.

Edit: Looks like I already had an account, reset my password, and am in. It appears to be a Thai account though as the card isn't available but I can use the other services. I just added 3 different currencies and 2 banks so presume this is the 'borderless/multi-currency' account they're on about.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

I’ve just transferred $ into my Thai account using Wise and have noticed the past few times that the funds move instantaneous (which is great of course).. I thought there may be a weekend delay but fortunately no.
Strangely, when I transfer to my U.K. account it usually takes a bit longer and delays over the weekend.
Has anyone else noticed this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Ginjaninja wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:35 pm I’ve just transferred $ into my Thai account using Wise and have noticed the past few times that the funds move instantaneous (which is great of course).. I thought there may be a weekend delay but fortunately no.
Strangely, when I transfer to my U.K. account it usually takes a bit longer and delays over the weekend.
Has anyone else noticed this?

Yes, it's been exactly the same for me, when I move money into Wise it only happens in banking hours but transfers to Thailand are now normally immediate.
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

Anyone having issues logging into Wise just now?

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've just tried to log in - no problems. Straight in (regular Wise, not Borderless).
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Borderless Account of Transferwise

Post by Ginjaninja »

Thanks BB
I was able to login with my VPN. Should have occurred to me earlier..
Seems Wise must be blocked in my country location.

buksida

Post by buksida »

Has anyone managed to get a WISE card while in Thailand? Or is it another one of those things that doesn't work with Thailand? I get this error when trying to do it through the account:

"We're sorry, cards haven't reached Thailand yet"

Do I need to register a new account with an address out of Thailand, if so how can I receive money with a Thai bank account?

https://wise.com/sg/card/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

buksida wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:45 am Has anyone managed to get a WISE card while in Thailand? Or is it another one of those things that doesn't work with Thailand? I get this error when trying to do it through the account:

Do I need to register a new account with an address out of Thailand, if so how can I receive money with a Thai bank account?

Buksida,
did you ever resolve this? I've checked through my Wise account and it appears cards are still not an option.
I have emailed them asking if migrating to a U.K. account is possible.
Thanks,
GN.

Edit: found your other post where you mentioned changing the address. Didn't expect it be that easy.
Card on the way to my Scottish abode.
I also see I have the option of a virtual card so can start using it right away I hope.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Ginjaninja wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:42 am
buksida wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:45 am Has anyone managed to get a WISE card while in Thailand? Or is it another one of those things that doesn't work with Thailand? I get this error when trying to do it through the account:

Buksida,
did you ever resolve this? I've checked through my Wise account and it appears cards are still not an option.
I have emailed them asking if migrating to a U.K. account is possible.
Thanks,
GN.

Edit: found your other post where you mentioned changing the address. Didn't expect it be that easy.
Card on the way to my Scottish abode.
I also see I have the option of a virtual card so can start using it right away I hope.
Yes, once you have a credit card issued by Wise, the details appear on your online account so you can use it on the Internet without physically having the card.