Banyan Residence and Surrounding Area

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
abcdef
Novice
Novice

Banyan Residence and Surrounding Area

Post by abcdef »

Hi, can you experts please provide me your thoughts on this property?

[Mod edit: no real estate links please.]

I am looking to invest from US. I hope to rent this out with 5% net income and hope the value will double in say 10 years.

Is that realistic? How is the location? I am also looking at another similar property near Elegancy Resort down the road. The property is lakeside. Would being near that Lake gives it a great leg up when reselling?

We have been to Thailand a few times and love the country. We will likely retire there and this could our home ten years from now.

Thank you so much in advance!
John.
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Banyan Residence and Surrounding Area

Post by caller »

I know nothing the rental income, but Banyon is just off the busy main road, becoming dual carriageway, between Pranburi and Hua Hin. From a noise perspective I'd go for one at the back of the resort.
Talk is cheap
abcdef
Novice
Novice

Post by abcdef »

Sorry about the real estate link.

The property is a 168 sq meter 2 bedroom villa in Banyan. The price is $9.9M. Do you think that is overpriced (in comparison to the current market)?
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Post by PBbeacher »

Banyan is very expensive for an initial purchase and also for ongoing running costs and utiities
brianks
Guru
Guru

Post by brianks »

(from a fellow U.S. citizen) I think you could get a whole lot more house and property for 9.9 million baht. You need to spend some time there and look around. Just looking on internet is not the best way to find a property. I spent half that much on a property there and think it was in a better location and got more for my money than you would at Banyan. You need to come to HH first then rent for 6-12 months. Then you get a good idea what is there and the values. Renting is quite cheap and financially is a much better value for the money than purchasing with all the headaches involved. I own my own property because I wanted many things I could not find in a rental. I have a friend who is renting in Orchid Palm Homes for an unbelievable price for what he is getting. 25,000 baht/month for an over 9 million baht house is quite a good deal. Makes you think twice if purchasing is worth it with all the hassles involved. And, don't think appreciation either. I sure haven't seen it in any of the three houses I have owned.
abcdef
Novice
Novice

Post by abcdef »

Thank you Brianks. I will be there next month to look around. Hoping to invest in a property that would appreciate in value. Hoping direct flights from KL on Air Asia and potentially other routes being added will help. Do you think the developments in the travel infrastructure (i.e. high speed rail) would help real estate prices in the next 10 years?
brianks
Guru
Guru

Post by brianks »

I have been in Thailand for over 10 years and have yet to see the appreciation in property values that your wanting. Do the math first. Compare the cost of buying vs the very low cost of renting. It is not like the U.S. where I once purchased a house for $46,000 years ago that is now worth 1.4 million $. Just too many vacant houses in Thailand to put any pressure on increasing the price. Save your $ and rent for a year so you can get a good idea of what the values and future is on property. I have a U.S. phone number you could call me at if you want. 424-603-0769 so we could discuss since you don't have enough posts to send private message to. If you have IPhone could do call another way.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

brianks wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:57 am I have been in Thailand for over 10 years and have yet to see the appreciation in property values that your wanting. Do the math first. Compare the cost of buying vs the very low cost of renting. It is not like the U.S. where I once purchased a house for $46,000 years ago that is now worth 1.4 million $. Just too many vacant houses in Thailand to put any pressure on increasing the price. Save your $ and rent for a year so you can get a good idea of what the values and future is on property. I have a U.S. phone number you could call me at if you want. 424-603-0769 so we could discuss since you don't have enough posts to send private message to. If you have IPhone could do call another way.
I think you’ll find that he already has enough posts to send/receive PM’s
taffinexile

Post by taffinexile »

I invested in Banyan when it was in the planning stages. A guaranteed rental was one of the reasons. It paided out in the first year, after that nothing. It took a legal process to get a settlement to get my money back and only made a profit due to currency changes. If you still own a property on it anybody who rents it off you cannot you the facilities there. Stay well clear.
In my time of dying all want for you to do is take my body home..... so I can die easy
heartofmidlothian
Professional
Professional

Post by heartofmidlothian »

The only way to make money with owning a house in Hua Hin is if you buy a plot of land and build your own house, then you could sell it at a profit, assuming you design it well. The process can be very stressful for a foreigner though. The way to make money in Hua Hin, is by buying land in the correct areas that transform from farming land to housing land. Over the space of 5 to 10 years you can make as much as 10 times your money, but you have to be smart or lucky. Of course foreigners cannot buy land.