Burgers & More

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Ham & Bacon : The Palm Bistro
Post Reply
hin
Specialist
Specialist
Posts: 153
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:56 pm

Burgers & More

Post by hin » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:28 pm

So, Another self appointed moderator.

Just thought some people might like to know about this place because where else in Hua Hin will you find a duck burger or a lamb burger, And in a black bun, that I have never seen before but is good enuf that I would enjoy eating it even if there were nothing inside. And beer or wine to wash it down

Homer
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2964
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:11 pm

Re: Burders and More

Post by Homer » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:21 pm

Thanks, I'll give it a try.
hin wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:08 am
N 12º 33’ 22.6” x E 099º 57’ 18.6’
Google maps couldn't handle that, even after I changed 18.6' to 18.6". This worked:
12º 33’ 22.6”N 099º 57’ 18.6"E
gMaps gave this decimal equivalent: 12.556278, 99.955167

hin
Specialist
Specialist
Posts: 153
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:56 pm

Re: Hua Hin Restaurant News

Post by hin » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:00 pm

Right, my old Garmin is usually set to the traditional format. But If you use decimals it is: N12.556278 x E99.955167 Google maps shud accept that but use a coma instead of ‘x’ and leave off the N & E too

Good site for converting Degrees Minutes Seconds (DMS) to Decimal Degrees and visa versa
https://www.fcc.gov/media/radio/dms-decimal

Maybe we shud do a GPs thread. A lot of people don’t seem to know about this stuff

oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 3661
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:51 pm

Re: Hua Hin Restaurant News

Post by oakdale160 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:18 am

I guess a Burder is a Burger with muderous ability.

PBbeacher
Professional
Professional
Posts: 325
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:07 pm

Re: Burgers & More

Post by PBbeacher » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:33 am

Had a (beef) burger there yesterday, was very good. Opted for extra cheese and a fried egg. Could have done 2 easily. Didn't have a one, but the beers are very well priced (90b for large Heineken).
The portion of microwaved mashed potato that came with it was laughable though.

TunnelRats
Amateur
Amateur
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:56 pm

Re: Burgers & More

Post by TunnelRats » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:11 pm

hin wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:28 pm
So, Another self appointed moderator.

Just thought some people might like to know about this place because where else in Hua Hin will you find a duck burger or a lamb burger, And in a black bun, that I have never seen before but is good enuf that I would enjoy eating it even if there were nothing inside. And beer or wine to wash it down
Hin,
whats a "black bun"?
Never heard and have no glue...

Thanks for reply!
"This login session $13,99 but for you $12,78"

bsdk1960
Ace
Ace
Posts: 1469
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:21 pm
Location: hua hin/frederiksberg DK.

Re: Burgers & More

Post by bsdk1960 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:31 pm

TunnelRats wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:11 pm
hin wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:28 pm
So, Another self appointed moderator.

Just thought some people might like to know about this place because where else in Hua Hin will you find a duck burger or a lamb burger, And in a black bun, that I have never seen before but is good enuf that I would enjoy eating it even if there were nothing inside. And beer or wine to wash it down
Hin,
whats a "black bun"?
Never heard and have no glue...

Thanks for reply!



:cheers: :cheers:

hin
Specialist
Specialist
Posts: 153
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:56 pm

Re: Burgers & More

Post by hin » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:53 pm

Good video, Thanx.! Now we can DIY them right here at home. And large practical size. But ready-made at B & M is convenient if u don’t have a Kitchen Aid mixer or don’t want to wait until Ocrober.

As the original post, with location, was left behind when the thread was moved, here is a copy:
Burders and More
Post by hin » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:08 am

Looks like someone is building a new small food court about a block north of the 20 baht store and across the street from the existing one. On the Soi between Soi 94 and the Soi 88 food court. Nice little open air restaurant serving spaghetti, Vietnamese and Thai food, beer, wine, soft drinks, and good burgers in a nice black bread flax seed bun with a choice of duck, pork, chicken, beef or lamb. Large letters standing on the roof say ‘Burgers & More‘ N 12º 33’ 22.6” x E 099º 57’ 18.6"
Wish I could sink my choppers into an Aussie burger, Like Burger King in Queensland used to make. In addition to all the usual deluxe inclusions had a slice of pineapple, slice of beet root, a fried egg, and was huge

Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 3535
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:55 pm
Location: Bo Fai

Re: Burgers & More

Post by Takiap » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:14 am

PBbeacher wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:33 am
Had a (beef) burger there yesterday, was very good. Opted for extra cheese and a fried egg. Could have done 2 easily. Didn't have a one, but the beers are very well priced (90b for large Heineken).
The portion of microwaved mashed potato that came with it was laughable though.

If one wasn't filling enough then I can't imagine it being much of a burger, unless comparing to BK or McD, both of which serve meat patties on buns, not burgers.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact

Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 3535
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:55 pm
Location: Bo Fai

Re: Burgers & More

Post by Takiap » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:29 am

Slightly off topic I know, but I remember the first time I traveled abroad from SA to London, and for the first time in my life visited a Mc Donalds. :shock:

I was with a mate of mine, and when our burgers arrive, we didn't know whether we should laugh or cry. The most pathetic burgers I had ever seen and to make matters even worse, they cost about 7 times more that what a real burger cost back in SA. Needless to say, during my 10+ years in the UK, I never supported BK or McD at all apart from once or twice. In all the years I've been in Thailand, I have only once ordered a burger from McD, and that was in Hua-Hin. Yes, I was just too lazy to walk to walk back to Binta for a Binta Burger which may not be the best, but a trillion times better that BK or McD in my opinion.


Strangely enough, my kids really enjoy most Farang food, but they aren't much into burgers and also not into Thai pizzas, but love KFC.

Anyway, I'll have to try Burgers & More because a few mates have also recommended it to me.


:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact

Homer
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2964
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:11 pm

Re: Burgers & More

Post by Homer » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:58 am

As the original post, with location, was left behind when the thread was moved, here is a copy:
Burders and More
... Nice little open air restaurant serving spaghetti, Vietnamese and Thai food, beer, wine, soft drinks, and good burgers in a nice black bread flax seed bun with a choice of duck, pork, chicken, beef or lamb.
Finally tried this place. It's both open air and a small air conditioned space to the right where the menu lists only Viet and Thai food. Looks like everything comes out of the same kitchen.

BTW last time I was there, Burger 31 offered black buns. They're on on the east side of Naebkehardt (clock tower road), south of Soi 51. Also at Bluport in the cluster of eateries around the Gourmet Market.

t080752
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:40 pm

Re: Burgers & More

Post by t080752 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:32 am


Takiap wrote: The most pathetic burgers I had ever seen and to make matters even worse, they cost about 7 times more that what a real burger cost back in SA.:cheers:
I lived in Durban from 1990 to 1995. At the end of what was once West Street there was the best burger shop I ever found. They had this monster burger called the 747. It had everything you can imagine in it, bacon, banana, egg, cheese. I could just about eat the 747. Could not move after that. Never found anything like that again.


Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk


User avatar
migrant
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 4208
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:15 am
Location: California is now in the past hello Thailand!!

Re: Burgers & More

Post by migrant » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:32 pm

I've eaten twice at their Bluport place both good burgers
The essence of life lies with the dispensing with of formalities

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: HHTel and 6 guests