Searching for architect and/ or construction company in HH

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Re: Searching for architect and/ or construction company in HH

Post by dundrillin »

My experience regarding quotations here in HuaHin is that in almost all cases they are too high initially. However when you ask them to sharpen their pencil they come back with something more reasonable.
T.O.M.
Banned
Banned

Post by T.O.M. »

Socrates wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:35 pm Two days ago we had meeting at Qcon (Quality Home Construction) in Soi 68.

Very interesting.

The owner is architect and works with a lot companies. My first impression was very well. Till he offers his quotation.

For plans and quotations he ask for 400.000 Baht. Payment has to be done in advance.

Some special questions show me, that in reality he has not to much experience. So I told him, I would like to have 4 fresh-watertanks for spare with 1.000 lit. each. He said, I should take a 20.000 Lit. tank. It will cost 40.000 Baht...

The cheapest watertank with 20.000 Lit., what I can find is nearly 200.000 Baht.

So I think he will tell me the cheap prizes, till he has the 400.000 Baht.. and when he start quotation it will be too expensive for to construct.

I know that here the average amount for constructing ist between 16.000-18.000 Baht per sqm.

I asked him - about the average - and he couldnt find an answer. He wanted to email me the answer. He didn‘t write till now.

So it‘s good that we still have time, to look for other possibilities.

Is anybody having good experience with a construction company, what is located in Hua Hin, Cha Am or Prachuap Khirikan ?
Since it is against forum rules to post links to property developers...I have sent you a private message
Socrates

Post by Socrates »

I have got it, Tom and thank you for that.
Socrates

Post by Socrates »

dundrillin wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:06 pm My experience regarding quotations here in HuaHin is that in almost all cases they are too high initially. However when you ask them to sharpen their pencil they come back with something more reasonable.
The problem in this case for me is, that Qcon is asking for 400.000 Baht without any hint or discussion about the budget.

I have the plan and also a model of our planed house.

He could say.. count with 8 Million or 10 or 12, then I know.

If I would give him my budget, I am shure, his quotation will hit the point.

We still have time and this 2,5 years I want to collect informations and try to find the right one.

For that every recommendation is heartly welcome.
Socrates

Post by Socrates »

Today I have got answer from Qcon.

The everage prize per sqm for a „normal“ construction he estimated 22.-24.000 Baht.
With basic equipment. No kitchen or furnitures.

That means, that the work for the architect is 1,5 Mio. plus 400.000 Baht for plans and quotations.

At least this is 20 % from the investment. Plus extras.
Last edited by Socrates on Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
buksida

Post by buksida »

There is a massive 'Hua Hin premium' on that.

Down here in Bangsaphan builders are quoting 12,000 per sqm average for 'normal construction'. Amazing the difference just two hours away!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Socrates

Post by Socrates »

Would they come to work here ?
buksida

Post by buksida »

Unlikely, but I would definitely shop around and contact building firms outside of Hua Hin.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Socrates

Post by Socrates »

That is, what my angel starts to do now...

And if anybody knows a constructor - let us know.
Socrates

Post by Socrates »

Today we contacted an architect in BKK. But he only works with companies. He said same than buksida: 12-14.000 THB for 1 sqm is the everage price.

In our case, he said, because we have living space 200 sqm and terrace/ carport 200 sqm can not be added like Qcon has done.

He said this architect should be rich already and for 24.000 THB/ sqm he is constructing a palace.
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

Price /square metre is a useful guide however if you want powder coated aluminium windows and doors rather than pvc it’s going to cost more. Also what allowance are you being offered for tiles, 300baht per square metre or what. Does the quote include air con,fans etc. What allowance are you being allowed for kitchen. Believe it our not my architect who drew up an excellent plan gave me an allowance of 15000baht for the kitchen!!!
My experience with builders is that the initial price creeps ever upward between start and completion.
The all important factor is the build quality and that varies greatly. It’s essential to get shown some recently completed houses. And finally you need to keep a very close eye on the project without being a pain in the —— to the builders.
Socrates

Post by Socrates »

I understand, what you are writing and you are right.

We bought our space 6 years ago. Then we played and dream around what house we would like to have. Every year I made another plan till we found the final result.

Many people were laughing when we talked about our construction: „you are too early“ „you are a dreamer“ aso.

But every year we got more informations. From people how had experience. About isolation and constructions and also about prices.

When many experienced people tell me an everage price range from 12 - 16.000 Baht for houses what I know, than I know, what‘s going on.

When Qcon offers 24.000 Baht for same, first I thought, all others are wrong... and I asked others for to reconfirm.

I am like a schoolboy who learns every day more.

All quotations are without any AC or kitchen or furniture.

The spects are depending on us. That other windows and other tiles make it more expensive this we know.

But to start with real planing, it is necessary (for me) to have a basic price.
Socrates

Post by Socrates »

The last days one company hit the bird.

The company name is SPS, the guy who contacted me was [Mod edit: name removed due to possible legal implications]. His quotation range was 24 -32.000 Baht/ sqm.

Some realy think, all farangs are stupid.

It seems there is no legally construction company around.
Socrates

Post by Socrates »

Hello together,

We still are searching for a constructor.

Is anybody having experience about PD-House construction company ?