Buying Cigars in Hua Hin

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: Cigars in Hua Hin

Post by migrant »

Motyduke wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:50 pm I am not sure if it match with "feeding time" part of this forum....
I have search on forum but found only old informations and it seemed not good anymore...

So my question is : where we can buy cigars in hua Hin (shop, bars, hôtels,...) ?
Selection is minimal and expensive! Villa market has some, but don't keep in a proper humidor so who knows how it is. Some of the big hotels may sell some in the bars, Dusit Thani used to. Blueport in the liquor store has probably the best selection in town, but again not cheap. My son in California sends me my stock but you take a chance. If customs grabs it you have to go to Prachuap customs. I probably get 60% thru customs so for the other 40% we drive down and get a lecture that we shouldn't be sending them then pay a "tax" that varies. Other than the drive it's still cheaper (and better selection) than buying locally. I've been in process for a year trying to get an import license, very slow!! I'll also pm you
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

migrant wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:37 pm Villa market has some, but don't keep in a proper humidor so who knows how it is.
I'd never heard of a humidor before so had to look it up. For curiosity sake, and nothing more, does your son need to ship them in a humidor, or do short periods of transit not matter?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Big Boy wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:32 pm
migrant wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:37 pm Villa market has some, but don't keep in a proper humidor so who knows how it is.
I'd never heard of a humidor before so had to look it up. For curiosity sake, and nothing more, does your son need to ship them in a humidor, or do short periods of transit not matter?
Short periods are fine and Thailand's climate helps. The humidity, and temperatures here are above the recommended levels but K for a short period. That's why I smoke them so fast!! :D
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Big Boy

Re: Buying Cigars in Hua Hin

Post by Big Boy »

Thank you - obviously a technical pastime smoking those cigars. :D
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: Buying Cigars in Hua Hin

Post by migrant »

Big Boy wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:19 pm Thank you - obviously a technical pastime smoking those cigars. :D
Labor of love :cheers: