The journey to a Yellow Book in Hua Hin

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
PBbeacher
Professional
Professional

Re: The journey to a Yellow Book in Hua Hin

Post by PBbeacher »

Cool, thank you for the replies!
FarangJon
Amateur
Amateur

Post by FarangJon »

I finally got mine today along with my pink ID card. Went in today and took about an hour for them to complete all the paperwork. Not much said other than sit here and then go sit over there, took my thumbprints and then handed it all to me. No cost even though I was expecting to pay 60 baht.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

First page of the Yellow Book top left has an 11 digit registration number: xxxx-xxxxxx-x

Do they use this same number on the Pink ID card? :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

PeteC wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:53 am First page of the Yellow Book top left has an 11 digit registration number: xxxx-xxxxxx-x

Do they use this same number on the Pink ID card? :cheers:
No. That's the house's (or condo, etc) id code.

The important number on the ID card is the holder's national ID number (13 digits). This number appears in the tabien ban page (yellow book in this case) for each resident.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Not on mine they don’t!! (My reply was to Pete’s question).
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Ok, we're now on page #2 and there is a 13 digit number beneath my name. I would assume that is the (my) national ID number.

What I'm driving at is it would be kind of daft to assign a foreigner a number in his Yellow Book, then assign a completely different number when he applied for the Pink ID card. But of course....this is Thailand. :D
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

PeteC wrote:Ok, we're now on page #2 and there is a 13 digit number beneath my name. I would assume that is the (my) national ID number.

What I'm driving at is it would be kind of daft to assign a foreigner a number in his Yellow Book, then assign a completely different number when he applied for the Pink ID card. But of course....this is Thailand. :D
You need the tabien ban in order to get an id card in the first place. If you've never been in a tabien ban then when you first apply to be registered in one is when your id number is signed. When you get your id card the id number from the tabien ban is entered on the id card.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Well the number printed on my yellow book is different than the number on my ID card?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Dannie Boy wrote:Well the number printed on my yellow book is different than the number on my ID card?

So, did you use that yellow book to get the card? Unless a mistake was made the id numbers for you must be the same.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

hhinner wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote:Well the number printed on my yellow book is different than the number on my ID card?

So, did you use that yellow book to get the card? Unless a mistake was made the id numbers for you must be the same.
Of course - I’m not sure you can get an ID card other than with a yellow book?

joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

I have just checked and the 13 digits number on my ID card is the same as the one on the second page of the yellow book, yet my husband's last 2 numbers on ID card are different
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

joelle wrote:I have just checked and the 13 digits number on my ID card is the same as the one on the second page of the yellow book, yet my husband's last 2 numbers on ID card are different
Your husband's details being on page 3?
thepalmbistro
Professional
Professional

Post by thepalmbistro »

HI Joelle

That could be human error, we sat in a hotel having a cake brought out to my husband for his birthday and when we told them it wasn't his birthday, they checked our ID's we used on check in and they had his date wrong by a month. After we looked at all our cards, we realized that the kids names are spelt differently on them from ours and they are all spelt correctly in the yellow book.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

^^ Could be. The last digit in the id number is a check digit which should help avoid manual entry errors. But that doesn't help when it's not used correctly.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

hhinner wrote:

I don’t read Thai and I was looking at the wrong section of my yellow book, but I’ve now found what must be my ID number on the yellow book which is the same number as my pink ID card. Not sure what the number is, but there’s a similar number which is completely different